Fuel Injector Stuck Open?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 2 Old 11-19-2016, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
crazynitro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Injector Stuck Open??

Hey guys,
I've been having some issues with my truck for a while now. yesterday, i opened the hood to do some listening. i noticed something peculiar. the fuel injectors on the diver side were making a consistent clicking noise. all of them seemed to be working. but the ones on the passenger side sounded a little wired. There wasnt a consistent clicking from that side. it sounded as though it was oscillating like one might not be working. i know all the cylinders are firing but could that be caused by an injector stuck open?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-19-2016, 09:04 PM
dmcelhannon
Admin - David Mack

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Welcome to DT!

What does the spake plug look like? If the tip is wet, I'd said yes.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 91K/3588hrs, 4.56 R&P/DTT, Sonnax Line Booster, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer-case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, 2-Speed DCC E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in