DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottom line do you regret your RAM purchase?

6K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  tones2SS 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nope! Not at all. This is my what, 5th on in 10 years. I love my Rams. All of them.

You look on these forums and there are general questions, mod questions and such.

You go to the Chevrolet Forums, which are no where near as organized as some of these Dodge sites and it's a mess. More postings off issues than mods..etc..

#6 ·
Yes and no.

No, I got a great deal on my 09 regular cab. Liked the looks, 8 foot bed, sitting higher than my Dakota. Plenty of power, decent highway mileage.

Yes, disappointed with the quality of the parts. I have had more parts replaced than any other vehicle I have owned, especially electrical. Replaced the TIPM, steering angle sensor, abs module, TSB on heating actuator doors, bearings in dif, fan clutch, ac work.

Don't think I am that hard on the vehicle, just disappointed on the number of problems that I have had.
I know parts wear out and need replacement.

Would I buy another, not sure. At this point I would say no.

#7 ·
Personally I don't expect that I'll ever buy another Ram. Why? You might ask. Because at my age I expect it to last probably as long as I do (or at least as long as I can legally drive) so I shouldn't need to buy another truck, of any kind.

#8 ·
Hi, new member and new 2500 owner. So, a 2 1/2" level is what it is typically done on the front of the 2500 and is adequate for adding 35-36" meats all around ??

Also : Is there a Forum Thread targeting the issues of 'Lifting' the 2500 ?

#11 ·
Geno's Garage sells a kit with all the parts you need. Here's a write-up that was posted back in 2010 that should help you out.

Add Cabin Air Filter to 4th Gen's

#14 ·
No regrets here!!! Love my '16 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab. My second Ram truck. First was a '05 Ram Daytona 4X4, regular cab.
I do have some quirks with the new truck though. Not too crazy about the windshield washer nozzles on the hood, not too crazy about not having a power button for the stereo and the MDS is great, but I can hear/feel it kick in. I HATED the MDS when I first got the truck, but now that I know I can disable it every time I enter or exit the vehicle, it's not so bad. :grin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.