DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should i get a refund on my Bumper 2 Bumper Lifetime Wrap?

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  blackhemi4x4 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive got a little deciding to do.
My first concern is coverage. I have not kept the best records for the fist 18k miles of my ownership. i have had it serviced once on the 12k mile mark and the other times have been done at home. i dont have any receipts proving i purchased oil or even did changes and im afraid that if i have a claim later on, it may come back to bite me. now if i decide from now on to have it serviced at the dealer and i got another 100k miles b4 i have a claim, it may not mean soo much but im unsure.
My second concern is that i want to put a minor lift on it, like 4" spindles up front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear and throw some 35"s on it. Im up against a wall cuz i dont want to touch it if its gonna effect that Lifetime B2B warranty i paid $2k for. but im not sure i can go my whole life without screwing around with it.
my third concern is that if i dont touch it, and i do keep good records from now on, is it actually going to benefit me at all? i mean an alternator here, or a starter there, wont break my bank. hell, if i even had to put in a new engine in 100K miles, im sure it wouldnt top more than about $5-7K right? i may be way off but what am i benefiting from by keeping my vehicle stock, babying it, and being meticulous about the service records? is there something along the way thats gonna cost me an arm and a legin the next 50K miles that ill get my moneys worth out of this warranty? im really thinking of just taking the $2k refund and getting the lift and tires with it. not sure but hopefully someone will read this LONG post and give me some serious advice cuz im stressed and depressed all at the same time. thanks guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
How long do you plan on keeping your truck?

I plan on keeping mine until I can pull a flinstones and stop it with my feet though the floor board, so my lifetime warranty is well worth it.

If you only are going to keep it for 5 or so years then change it in.

#3 ·
I plan on keeping it for a long time. Its gonna be like one of yhose 1994 rams you see still driving around still running strong and looking good. I jut dont know if from what im hearing about coverage and eventuallybeing denied repairs because of book value of the vehicle and all that talk.

#4 ·
If engine warranty issues should arise, they usually only ask for the last 12 months of proof of oil changes. As for mod's, I can only speculate.

Pay the dealer the $40 for the oil change next time for that peace of mind. It's only $20 more than a DIY job.

#5 ·
If you want to lift your truck or any other serious mods or get bored with it in 5 years get a refund.If leaving it stock and plan on owning it 15 years keep the service contract and better records.Better records does not mean it has to be dealer maintained.If you do it yourself,keep sales receipts and at least fill out the book best as you can.

#6 ·
thats good. i think ill keep it and just try and find a dealer that is mod friendly. i think i found one on GA that does lifts and superchargers and things like that so ill go to them and have my life put on. thanks guys.

#8 ·
Dealer might be MOD friendly but CHRYSLER won't be.

#9 ·
Just remind them, that it is on THEM to prove that what ever aftermarket part you installed had a DIRECT cause on part that failed.

#10 ·
Yea.Remind them.Then they will take 6 months to make a decision while your truck sits.LOL Been there done that! Remember that OLE saying 'YOU PLAY,YOU pay!"

#13 ·
Then you get your local news channels involved... better business bureau, and any other method needed to gain attention to their bullish tactics. Dealerships do NOT want bad press.. remember we are the customers, we pay their bills, and we have rights to not be taken advantage of because of something as stupid as a tire size discrepancy.

#11 ·
yeah it really sux that they got us by the balls. i mean, i just want to put a little level kit and a meatier tire on. the dealer i spoke with here told me a story of a warranty claim denial because a jeep had tires that were not the exact same parameters that came on the vehicle. so he was denied coverage and the remainder of his warranty was voided. im not sure how much of this is true or not, but it sure does get you thinking. they will whichever way is cheaper. and i know that if i give them any reason beyond a shadow of a doubt, they will take that and run like hell with it so i guess, ill keep the warranty, put the level kit and some nitto tara grapplers on it, and only take it to dealers that dont mind that sort of thing. or atleast wont log it on my file or notify chrysler of every little thing that goes on with my truck.

#12 ·
they could not void the whole warranty over tires

#14 ·
All that stuff won't do a thing.Never worked for a dealer or manufacture that any of that really bothered.Been there done that.Its usually a LOT more then a tire size issue when the nuts and bolts of the issue are looked into. No one wants to get involved once the facts are revealed.

#16 ·
the lifetime powertrain warranty comes standard. the bumper to bumper was an option you could purchase. i paid $1900 extra but im thinking of canceling it. i think that chrysler will do anything and everything to get out of paying out. if there is a glimmer of light in an excuse for them not to pay, they will take and not give 2 shits. i think when and if i go to make a claim, they will make it so hard on me that i might as well just pay the repairs myself. ive been down that road where the dealer doesnt wanna do anything and welcomes you to call chrysler and argue. almost pointless. its like saying, give me money and ill fix your vehicle if i think i deserve to. then you let them dictate if they deserve to or not and of course they will say no.

#17 ·
On my added care plus lifetime, they replaced my transmission, powersteering, rear diff, getting ready to do the xfer case, all covered under the warranty, in my cases, they did not ask for maintenance records/receipts. They did not really ask any questions, they just asked cash or credit for the 100 dollar deductible. I did have a 2 inch level on it, so I figured they would push back a little, but they did not. From what it sounds like, the mods you are doing shouldnt mess with the powertrain portion of the warranty. Stick with the mod friendly dealers, maintain your rig, and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.