DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A/C problem

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Katiejoe2005 
#1 ·
2004 durango Hemi. My air works good and is very cold. But when I take a long trip, say an hour or more it stops working. You can hear the sound as though it is blowing but nothing comes out of the vents. Seems to get trapped up in the dash. When I get to my destination, turn the truck off and let it set a while, then all is good and everything works until I take the long journey. Does the same when heat is on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Huh! Until you said 'same for heat' I would have said the evaporator was icing up...

[scratches head]

#5 · (Edited)
If your your vehicle is a Limited with Automatic Temperature Control is could be that the ATC Control module is malfunctioning (overheating). The ATC control module controls temperature, air flow direction and fan speed. It resides underneath a dome cover below the glove box near the blower motor.

#7 ·
X2 .... If the vehicle has the automatic temperature control (ATC) system, it could also be the blower motor power module over heating. If the vehicle has the manual temperature control (MTC) system, it might be a problem in the blower motor resistor block.

#8 ·
So I bought the TSB kit from dodge and had it installed. The evaporator would still freeze up after the 30 min to 2 hours of use. Then I replaced the AC cycling switch. I was sure it was fixed after that because it didn't freeze up until after 7 hours of driving. Then it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.