DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question on Octane, and Dodge recommendations.

4K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  TSR6 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Been here a while and the board is a great wealth of info, great forum.

I have an '04 QC Hemi and the manual states the truck is designed for 87 and will run ok on it, but 89 will perform better. It then goes on to state using anything higher is not recommended, and may actually hurt performance. I bought my Ram in March, and never used anything but 89.

Here is my dilemna, I recently stopped at the station I always use, the only pumps working were for 93 octane. I filled up anyway and certainly did notice a change in performance.

My Ram is running like a Raped Ape on it!! :rck: I am almost through a whole tank, and MPG is still in the same range, but the trucks performance seems so much better, especially off the line.

Is this just a ploy by Dodge to avoid the better performance, and avoid heavier beatings on their warranty incurred by the increased fun factor the higher octane gives this truck?

What octane do you all run? How is your performance?

See less See more
#27 ·
04 sit'n 24's said:
Do you guys got any preference on gas stations? I myself like to only use Mobil stations.
I've never liked Mobil gas... Too pricey for one thing ans it doesn;t seem as consistent as my overall favorite, Sunoco. However, I have found other brands to have high quality here in Florida(in order of my preference):

1. Sunoco
  2. Racetrak
  3. Speedway

Though I haven't filled up with anything but Sunoco 87 since I bought my Rumble Bee and it runs like a dream!

In other parts of the country that I have lived (grew up in) I have also found Union 76 (Unocal 76 in SoCal where I grew up), and Gulf, to be generally consistent and providing good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.