DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disable Auto Door Lock

20K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dirk0 
#1 ·
I wonder if this was sold as a feature...but I hate it. Is there a way to disable the automatic door locking feature on a Caravan? Without whacking some other electrical systems

#2 ·
ok all...sorry...there was a previous posting on this subject that I hadn't found earlier...will try this as originally posted by al5:

My Caravan is a 1997.
The owner's manual has the following method to turn off the autolock feature.
1. close all doors
2. put key in ignition and then turn the key between the OFF and ON positions for a total of 4 times ending in the OFF position. (do not start engine).
3. press the driver's side power door lock button to lock the doors.
4. you will hear a single chime when the programming is completed.

#5 ·
My 1995 shop manual shows a sequence (ignition key cycles then some lock unlock cycles I don’t remember exactly) that disables the auto lock feature.
Maybe you can check with a Dodge dealer and find out what the disable sequence is for your ’99.
Scott

#10 ·
The procedure for a 2000 is SLIGHTLY different. for enabling/disabling automatic door locks

Close all doors.
Place the ignition key in the OFF position for 20 seconds or more
Turn ignition key to the run position and to the OFF position without cranking the engine four times, Ending in the OFF position. The malfunction lamp will come on each time the key is in the run position.
Press the door lock button to lock the doors. This procedure reverses the automatic door lock option, Enable to Disable, or Disable to Enable. If the present option is undesirable, repeat to arrive at the desired option.
A single chime will signal that programming is successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.