DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heater core flush

12K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  DeMoN-HeMi 
#1 ·
Im wanting to flush the heater core on my 06 2500 HEMI, anyone know what size hose goes to the heater core, id like to get a few long pieces to keep the mess under the hood down

#2 ·
Thinking it might be 5/8" inside diameter?

I installed one of those "flush kit" Tees in my '99 and when it got brittle, I swapped it out for copper & brass, making my own T with small ball valves. I remember using 5/8" barb fittings at the Tee.

Kit I started with was Prestone one. Not expensive... just not long lasting! Maybe 2 years? Also had installed garden hose style couplings (had a T in both inlet & outlet of core hoses to flush either way) and used an old green garden hose I cut to lengths that would discharge to a 5 gallons bucket under the front.

FWIW.

#3 ·
hmmm, ill look into that prestone kits, i think my local autoparts has them, i thought about just cutting the lines and using a double male adapter to put em back together when im done so that i could cut em right where they meet the frame

#4 ·
That would be just as easy, Sir! I liked have the T there so I could just screw on a short piece of hose and really cut down on the mess when opened up.

Also, I remember once adding the garden hose directly to one side and backflushing my core to a bucket... ;)

#5 ·
Why do you need to flush the heater core? Is that something that needs to be done periodically? Are you having an issue, or is this preventative?

#6 ·
mine isnt heating right and i suspect a dirty heater core

#8 ·
when it hits 32deg like it did last week you do lol, my kid and girl dont like a cold ride, ive gotten used to it haha

#9 ·
Heat is over rated!! Just like A/C!! :D My 98 has the heater core completely disconnected and the A/C completely removed and I'm in Canada eh!! Lol

The last few times I drove it this year it wouldn't even unfog the windows. I had to keep wiping them off with a rag on the inside! Lol that was my sign to either fix it or park it.

#11 ·
LOL thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.