DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBK Shorty Headers - Update

21K views 147 replies 33 participants last post by  Big Boi 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on these. I just spoke to my rep at BBK, and they currently have a 4th gen hemi truck in the shop for R&D. They are scheduled to begin working on the new flanges late this week, or early next week. They told me they would call me personally when these are ready to go, so cross your fingers that they get it done quickly. I know many of you are tired of waiting on JBA, so this is going to be a great alternative for the guys that dont want to spend $1500 on the ARH longtubes or wait 1-2 months for a set of JBA's.

#70 ·
Yeah call this is one of the best mod I did, and with the magnaflow Y pipe it really open these truck up.

#71 ·
Too bad Brad is so hard up for sales he has to come to the BBK thread to try to sell his overpriced crap.

Mild steel has worked just fine for many, many years. Coat 'em and the temps are fine.

I'll stick with Matt and SAVE MONEY ON BBKs...:loud:

#72 ·
That's funny because the proper BBK headers STILL aren't available for sale... And I don't think a whopping $120 more for stainless is overpriced... AND, they still haven't confirmed that they will fit 4wd or 2500 trucks, which the JBA's have been proven to fit.

#74 ·
waiting and waiting...

#77 ·
I had a power wire on my 06 but I don't know if it really make that much of a different because the newer ram are so high tech. It probably want hurt to try it out and see thought.

#81 ·
No need to start arguing like little girls. Lets keep this thread to what the title states....

#82 ·
Anybody put these in a 4wd yet? Anxious to know if they fit.

#84 ·
So they are going to test fit for 4wd? Or make a set for 4wd?

#85 ·
They told me they "should" fit the 4wd's. I have told them numerous times that they need to get a 4wd in the shop to test fit these, so hopefully they take my advice. If not, I would be willing to make a hell of a deal to a 4wd member to give these a shot and confirm fitment. I will keep you guys posted if they get a 4wd in the shop to play with.

#86 ·
I'd be willing to be the guinnea pig at the cost of my own time doing the work if they gave me the headers, or a really great deal on them.

#89 ·
any updates?

#90 ·
Got an update yesterday, but it is not a good one. Now they told me October 1st, but said that date should be set in stone. I am pushing them to get these done quickly because I have 4 customers that have already pre-ordered. They didnt say what is causing the delays though, so I'm not sure why it keeps getting pushed back.

#91 ·
I'll be customer 5. money ready.

#92 ·
I wouldn't mind spending more money on my truck either! :)

#93 ·
Talked to my install guy yesterday and he is just waiting on these to be ready so we can both get a set.

#94 ·
Are they still on target for Oct 1? IF so, is that a release date or the date they are test fitting? Please let us know, definitly wanna get headers and looking for a more reasonably priced option.

#97 ·
Wow, that sucks.

#99 ·
So these BBK's will have the updated flange style to properly fit the exhaust ports and will be for 2012's as well?? Are these 1.75" also? And lastly, will they still be around $400 for the ceramic coated option? If so, I'm down. Was goin to order stainless JBA's but if these are going to fit and work just as good and I can get ceramic for the same price count me in, give me the release date and I'm bustin out the credit card...

#100 ·
Yes, these will have the correct port shape in the flanges, and have 1 3/4" primaries. Ceramic coated are expected to stay at $399, but they are talking about raising the price of the chrome finish to $319 from $299. This price change is expected to take place at the first of the year.

#101 ·
Thanks man, keep me posted and when you have them in stock I will def order one from you (unless I can find the ceramic JBA's for less, which I seriously doubt) Are these stainless or mild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.