DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty headers or long headers???

1K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  ST-8 
#1 ·
i want to buy headers for my ram but dont know if i should get long headers or shorty headers, what do you guys think?? for my sport two wheel drive.

#3 ·
Just bought a set of full length pacesetter coated ones for a guy for 335.00 shipped from summit.They priced matched amazon.Or they could pricematch the 238.00 full length painted ones also on amazon.So for the money just do the full length,think everone end's up with full length in the end.

#5 ·
the only time u would want shorty's over full length is if u need 2 pass emissions and dont want 2 swap back and forth every year.

#6 ·
Long tubes for sure if you want "noticeable" power.

if you still have your cats on and O2's....it will still pass emissions.
Over here in Canada anyways.

#11 ·
I don't notice much from my shorty's to my Dynatech long tubes. Maybe cause I was catless with the shortys and my exhaust now has cats and isn't as free flowing as I would like. I will be redoing the system from headers back soon, then I will know how much difference the lt's made.

#12 ·
I was told the the shorty are full low end torque and the long is for high end so if you are a racer well the long tube are better, if tow or etc the shorty are better for that. I think that for your shorty ram the long tube will be better for what you are looking for.

#13 ·
If you want a GOOD setup and don't mind spending the moola.
I'd go with Dynatech headers with catted Y pipe. im more than likely replacing my pacesetters with them after my cam swap.

#15 ·
i have pacesetter mid-length headers and i love them.

#16 ·
If I had paid full price for my Dynatech system, I wouldn't be all that happy. I don't like the fact that the 02 sensors are not in the collectors, and the collectors are kinda short. I think the pacesetters are a much better deal.

#17 ·
my truck should pass Etest wouldn't you think? Its got the O2 sensors in the magnaflow cats and has magnaflow high flows....can't see why not.

#19 ·
That all depends on what you want out of your truck.
Street truck only
Street truck with the odd weekend track days
or a full out drag truck.

Go post on the thread "FRI heads" you will get some good opinions from cam freaks.

#24 ·
I ordered a set of bbk Shorties off of summit, $370 shipped. Didn't get the ceramic coated ones tho. If im lucky they'll be here before may long

#26 · (Edited)
he lives in BC Canada so the shipping is what was that extra $70.
he should of got his headers from 2kool performance in Prescott ontario.....he can get ANYTHING from summit racing for the same price as summit.
I got my pacesetters "ceramic Coated" for $460, got the Y pipe for $180 and the cats for $178 for 2.
$53 difference than summit and for all of that summit wanted $173 for shipping. saved myself $120.

#27 ·
:ugh

#28 ·
dang thats crazy for shippin. when i saw that price i thought he may have gotten the ceramic coated ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.