DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Lock Help!!!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  pdpunome 
#1 ·
Please someone help me out and point me in the right direction. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Quad Cab, Cummins. Last week my door locks stopped working. I can not lock my truck with the key fob, the lock switch on the door or manually. I have checked the fuses and relays and from what I can tell they are fine. If anyone could please provide some guidance it would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Troubleshooting electrical issues can be frustrating. If you have the money you can start replacing parts, but start by checking fuses. Candidates would be the drivers side door switch panel, the module in the drivers door, a wire that got snagged on the window when you rolled it down, or one of the main computers, though that last one is less likely.

You can approach it methodically by putting a voltmeter on each wire starting with the switch panels, but if it were me, I'd buy a new switch panel for the drivers side, and then the module in the door if that didn't work. I wouldn't guess those two would be more than 50 bucks total. That's after I had checked fuses.

#6 ·
its either the gauge cluster, fcm front control module, wire broke typically black ground in door boot, or master switch went bad. I would try wiggling the driver door boot while hitting lock button on door or keyfob, then move to wiggling the fcm a bit or even removing then reinstalling (do not have to disconnect battery for this), then if those dont work pull driver door boot and repair the broken wires. gauge cluster is tough to diagnose but could be the reason. door locks are activated through the cluster out to the fcm same with horn and a short list of other components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.