DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rebuilding Has Started....

49K views 255 replies 22 participants last post by  dmcelhannon 
#1 ·
Today would have been the trail date for my truck’s lawsuit. It’s been a total of 3-years 5-months 8-days and about 16-hours after the engine failure but who’s counting right? I haven’t been able to talk about what’s been happening with my truck because of the suit and I’ll do my best to condense almost three and half years of this crap in here. Frankly, the warranty company and their legally group are bunch of wussy complaining crybabies. They were trolling my Facebook page and copied each of the times that I posted ANY news about what was happening with the truck or the lawsuit then cried and raised hell about it. So the law group I hired felt I needed go dark about anything and everything concerning the truck and what was happening with the lawsuit. Okay, no problem. I deleted everything on Facebook and DodgeTalk to placate the little wussies. All of that is now behind me because the paperwork to demises has been filed with the court. I asked and told it was now okay to post what happen. The lead lawyer wished I could buy-up every billboard across the nation but I’ll settle for a thread on DodgeTalk and finely posting what happen on Facebook. This past September the deal to fix the truck was made was pretty wide in scope but everyone signed-off on it and agreed to it. The truck would be taken to the local Five Star Dodge dealership, Burns Motors and once there they would check and diagnose what was wrong and then they would do the repairs to the truck. I would have no say what was done and the only thing that could not be done was paint-n-bodywork. Like I said, it was pretty wide open but I trusted Burns Motors to do right by all the parties.

The truck was towed to Burns on the second of October and I was really hoping to have the truck back by the 25th, which is my birthday. No such luck because within just a few hours of the truck being delivered to Burns, they started telling Burns how the vehicle and engine would be repaired. That didn’t go over well with the Burns service writer or my law group. While everyone was arguing, a crate long block engine showed up at the dealer. A few weeks later, the dealer started working on truck once my law wrote a letter that the law group was filling papers with the court. The wussy crybabies backed down and Burns started working on the truck. At this point it looked like I was going to lose everything I had put into the engine and I wasn’t too happy until I found out there was no core charge for the new engine. The money I was going to use for the core charge, I used to pay the dealer to tear down the old engine. This would mean I could keep my performance parts for later and I didn’t have to pay someone to tear down the old engine. I’ll share the pictures later.

When the engine was torn down, the problems and damage were plain to see. The top end and bottom end showed no signs of damage. The water pump was a rusty pile of trash and you could see the contamination all thought the water passageways. This was because when the engine was pulled and reinstalled, they knew the engine would have to come out. So why waste $45-dollar a gallon anti-freeze, right? So they only put water from the water hose in the engine. Well, they had no way of knowing it would be more than THREE YEARS before the engine would come out again! When the timing cover was removed, everything was good as new. There were no signs of wear at all on any of the guides and the chains looked new as well. Then the cylinder heads came off and there it was, lots of damage. Again, I’ll post the pictures.

The truck has been home since the end of November and I’ve been working thought the list of the problems. It was plain that wussies were not going to help anymore but I was okay with it by this point I’m sick of deal with such an unprofessional and lying group. Right up to the end, they were doing anything and everything they could not to pay what they agreed. What’s the saying? “Once a liar always a liar, once a cheater always a cheater.” I was having problems with oak leaves getting into A/C blower motor in the dash. Even after cleaning what seem like tons of trash, I still had to drop the blower motor three times because of the oak leaves. The ABS error had me worried but it has not come back since it was cleared. I haven’t driven the truck so we’ll see if it returns. It’s at the top of list because it’s part of the safety systems. The A/C wasn’t cooling and there was an Evap Leak Error as well. The Evap error was because of a burned breather pipe, which was a cool $72-bucks from the dealer. I got the family mechanic to replace the Evap breather and top off the A/C and both seem to be working well. I still have an Engine Coolant Sensor error to work though but I’m dealing with each of these as I go. I also found a small puddle of anti-freeze under the truck when I last left the law offices. I’m hoping the puddle is from a weak and failing cap and not something more. The tires were brand new and will need to be replaced. After three and half years, they have cracks in the rubber and drive like they're “Fred Flintstone Edition A/T KO” tire. The tires still have those little expansion nipples all over them! Again, it's a safety issue. What good does it do to spend all this money getting the truck back on the road and then have a tire come part while you’re driving down the highway?

So I can and will update what’s happening as I rebuild the truck.

:grin

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There were three cylinders with the same type of piston damage. Then the rust buckets that were once my brake rotors. The upper and lower ball joints were trash. Then what was left of the burnt Evap Breather Pipe. All the trash on the driveway was under the wiper cowl and what didn't wash out, I had to clean out three different times from the blower motor. The last picture is the flat spot on the wheels. There were six inch earthworms living in that mud.

Now the fugly part pictures....

:ugh

Attachments

#3 ·
Glad you are finally moving forward.

Despite the rust on the rotors... I probably would have just used them as-is. The brake pads will "wipe" the contact surface clean as soon as you leave the driveway, and the rust generally acts as an environmental barrier for the rest of the rotor. Budget rotors aren't coated anyways, so they all rust.

Can you post a pic of the tire sidewalls?

#4 ·
Pass/Rework/Fail was done by the dealer on everything. But like I said, there was no input from me aside from the heads-up on my mod's. Like the transmission; If there had been a problem and work was needed to be done, they would need to do 'quick learn'. Since my Ram has the Jeep GC TCM that could not have been done without replace the TCM with the old Dodge unit. With the brakes they did a full rebuild, front and back and then rebuilt the front suspension.

I can get some pictures some time after lunch.

:smile

#5 ·
I did some more driving around today. The A/C is work well but we're not really that hot around with the high just under 80-degrees. The transmission is starting to shift more normal the last few times I've been out. When I first got the truck, it drove like crap and the one time I stood-on-it, the truck cut in-and-out just like the day the engine failed. I did some checking under the hood and found all the fluid levels were off. Some, like the PS, PB, and anti-freeze were all over filled. The inlet connection at the TB was sideways and leaking. Then to my horror, the ATF+4 was three quarts low. The trans is still shifting too firm at a partial petal but shifts prefect beyond half pedal. I think it would be wise to remove the Sonnax Line Booster for now. I'm already getting sick of everyone around me thing I'm racing them because they hear that damn Blowmaster muffler! A new SI-SO cat-back system will be mod number two once I replace the Fred Flintstone tires! I don't know; I may want to do more about Greasy smell in the cab before I do the cat-back. None of the CEL errors have come back but the Coolant Sensor still shows a failure when tested with the handheld. It'll have to wait a couple of weeks until I get my disability.

#7 ·
!!!!!Scream, Scream, Holler, Scream, Holler, Holler, Scream, Scream!!!!!

Okay, where do I start?

I've been saying since I got the truck back that the brakes in the front have been making noise. After making a few stops in town, I drove out to The Mopar Shop to ask David Guzman what it will cost me to repair the paint on the truck. It's only about a 12-mile drive but I should have called David first because his guys said he was gone and wouldn't be back until sometime tomorrow. He then added that my brakes smelled really hot and he was right. If I can smell it with my busted-up nose, it must be strong. So I drove back to Burns Motors and just as I pulled up to the service drive, Letty was getting back from lunch. She put her things inside and as she walked up to the drive's side door, she could smell and see the smoke rolling out from under the driver's side front fender. She had me drive around to Juan's service bay and ask him about it. He said he only did pads and rotors but the failure was bad brake calipers. I kinda remember saying more than a few times that they were dragging and making noise but no one double-checked the brakes for me. I walked to the parts counter and Chris said they're about $195 to $225-each plus whatever the labor is going to cost. There is no way I can afford to pay the dealer to do the job so I stopped and talked to John. He's runs a small shop halfway in-between Burns Motors and the house. He said he'd do the labor for about $35 to $40-bucks a side if I get the parts. Okay, I can get Professional Grade Raybestos calipers with all the hardware and new set of pads though RockAuto for less than $60-bucks per side. Yea, so instead of $200-bucks for the ABS Controller that's no longer throwing an error code, I'll have to spend it on the brakes that were only halfway done in the first place. I'll still need to replace to the Coolant Sensor which Chris said is about $150-bucks but again, I can get it though RockAuto for about $25-bucks. Oh well... it's only money, right?

:banghead:

#8 ·
I checked all four brakes today on the Ram and all four rotors have some level of blue from too much heat. That means all of them are dragging. No wonder the truck is only getting about seven miles to the gallon! Lord am I over joyed that I did make my Arby's run to Kingsville once I got the truck home from Burns! During the trip, there's no telling who much damage would have happen or worst yet, the heat could have caused a fire! So today, I deiced it would wiser to replace all four calipers and not just the front brakes. I found a complete kit made by Raybestos that includes everything from the brackets, pads, and all the hardware. It kinda pisses me off that I'm having to cover for some cheap-ass but the safety of the vehicle has to first.

#9 ·
Well the Evap Leak error came back while I was driving back home from the county tax office. I cleared the CEL error and put some more baby oil on the gas cap o-ring. If that doesn't fix it, I have to get John to check it out when he does the brakes. The brakes are still dragging so I'm doing my best to keep my trips real short. I got an email saying the first of the brake shipments is on the way. I'll get pictures of the parts and try to get some while the work is being done.

:serious

#11 ·
When I ordered the Pro Raybestos brake kits on the 10th, everything was due for delivery on the 16th. The next day, an email said the order was broken-up into four orders; one for each wheel. The first was scheduled for Wednesdays the 16th, the next on the 17th, and the third would be here on Monday the 21st. The last and most important is for the driver's side front wheel, the that's the smoker with the blue rotor. Well it's been back ordered... very frustrating but okay, it's the silly season, right?

Tuesday the 15th, the first box came FedEx at 8:00-am. The odd thing, it was the box the was scheduled to show on the 21st. The second came today and the third box should be here by 8:00-am in the morning. The one that's needed the most is still nothing but question marks.... yea.

The baby oil didn't do a thing for the EVAP error so I'll have deal with that next... :VHOT: I really do not want to buy a $100-dollar smoke machine that will only be used for this problem but I sure do not want to get hit with a major bill from the dealer! I'll make up my mind after the brakes get fixed because I still need tires as well.

I'm thinking about getting a set of 32 or 33-inch Cooper AT3's. They be a-lot lighter than the E-rated 33 BFG A/T KO's that are on the truck now so I should be able to recover some fuel mileage. I believe the AT3's are about six to ten pounds lighter.

#12 ·
I'm thinking about getting a set of 32 or 33-inch Cooper AT3's. They be a-lot lighter than the E-rated 33 BFG A/T KO's that are on the truck now so I should be able to recover some fuel mileage. I believe the AT3's are about six to ten pounds lighter.
Cooper AT3 (P-Rated): 45 lbs.
Cooper AT3 (E-Rated): 49 lbs.
BFG ATKO (E-Rated): 59 lbs.

I came really close to getting the P-Rated AT3's before going with the 54 lb. Goodyear Duratracs.

#14 ·
Okay this is nuts or someone is just playing with my head here!

All of these kits are the Pro Series Raybestos Loaded Calipers. They come with everything you need short of the rotors. My rotors are brand new from Dodge so no worries there, I'm going to have a finish cut done so the pads can break-in correct. Now the caliper kit that was back ordered until 'who-know-how-long' is the box that just showed up! Double check the Amazon orders site and the part numbers have switched. The left side front is now left side rear kit.

:flippy:

#15 ·
On a side note....

I drove Mom to her hair dressers for an appointment this afternoon. On the way home at a four-way stop, I was the only one around. (sorry, the devil made me do it) I thought "What the heck" and I floored it! Even with the EVAP error, she laid down double black rubber strips all the way across the intersection. I'm sure it's because the tires have turned to into a hard rubber. I didn't care! I was happy, happy, happy.

:evillaugh

#17 ·
Okay, but who makes them?

:help:

#19 ·
Okay, but who makes them?

Unfortunately, nobody any more, and they cost an arm and a leg when they did. These were CST upper control arms with oversized ball joints. Hopefully they'll last forever.

2006+ have all the good stuff for the strut front end. 2002 - 2005 4x4's are the red-headed step-children of Dodge trucks.

#18 ·
Three of the four brake kits are here but the number four is still nothing but question marks! Placed the order on the 10th and I still cannot get an answer when it will be shipped. I've had no choice but to use the Ram but I have keep the trips short. The "Fred Flintstones Edition" tires were spinning all the time but have slowly started to drive more normal. I'm not taking any chances with these tires so it's just a matter of time before they're replaced. I was think about taking advantage of these and making a burn-out video but decided that might be pushing my luck. There were still questions about the transmission when the truck went into the dealer. Anything happens now, it's my dime that fixing the truck! I'll get the brakes fixed, find the EVAP error problem, get some new tires, and then I'd like to make an Arby's run. The trip works out around 225-miles round trip so that should work the bugs out and help break-in the engine. If all goes well, I start working on the inside of the truck replacing the carpet and NAV system.

#21 ·
Last night after I log-off from here, I went to check on the back-ordered brake kit and it still said the same thing... "on backorder and we'll let you know when it ships." After two weeks of that crap, I've had enough. I canceled the brake kit and then went to RockAuto.com where I order the same kit from them. This morning just after nine, I got an email saying the kit has been shipped and will be here on the 29th. That just a-little less than 12-hours and RockAuto has the kit on it's way. The cost was $120-bucks but with RockAuto, I'll get about half the cost back with the core charge of $56-bucks. Now I kinda wishing the whole order was done though them. Now my concern is the heat the rotors have seen and if I should replace them as well. This is worse of the four and the one that was smoking when I stopped by the dealer more than two weeks ago. It's not the worse I seen and I believe with a final cut, it should be okay. I re-sized the picture by half so it would upload to DT. And yes, I know the rim is dirty as he!! but there has not been the time to deep clean and detail the truck with everything else that's going on.

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
Glad to hear the truck is finally back on the road!!! As for the EVAP leak, I found on my 07 that the plastic box (or tank) in front of the fuel tank had cracked on the plastic weld seam. So, I smeared a bead of RTV on the length of the seam. I also (years later) found that the seal between two things in front of the tank (maybe the afore mentioned box, and this little white filter looking thing--memory is a little fuzzy) connected to an evap line or two. I RTV'd the seal between them and voila! No more EVAP codes. Of course, it'll be a challenge to remove it if that comes around...
Maybe you have something similar? I recall getting a P0456 code, and maybe a 455.

If I can find the threads I posted in, I'll add as links. [edit] http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354857

#23 ·
I believe the problem is around the gas tank as well because the dealer pulled it, cleaned it, re-installed it, and then cleaned the fuel system with whatever equipment the dealer has for that job. Somewhere in amongst all that work, the tech left something lose or one of the hoses or something was damaged.... kinda like that $72-dollar breather hose I just had replaced. I'll find out after the brakes and a new set tires go on.

And as I said on another thread, I was wishing Santa would drop-off a set of Cooper AT3's for the truck. Well, he didn't but he did put a 42-inch 2160p resolution flat screen under the tree. I know a 42-inch TV doesn't sound that big but my bedroom is only about 15x20-feet. Hooked-up to my Bose radio and a set of 32x24-inch speakers... well, it'll be be just like I'm at the movies!

#24 ·
The last brake kit come via FedEx this morning. I was going to call and set up a time for the truck but changed my mind. I need to see the local vampire at the doctors office in the morning, tomorrow is New Years Eve, and I cannot see anything happening until sometime next week anyways. So everyone have a Happy New Year and I'll post-up on the other side.

Attachments

#25 ·
Glad the final kit showed up. I know FedEx and UPS are trying to go Warp Speed during December 'cuz the package volume goes way high.
Well, I suspect the 42" will get some use even though it won't replace the AT3s. :)

#26 ·
Got the TV setup with no problems and I just needed a HDMI cable. The sound from the TV even with my the Bose radio suuuuccckkksssssss!!!!! Soooo, I ordered a Bose sound bar and it should be here on Wednesday. The sound bar will also get the TV up a-little higher for better viewing. I even have my laptop hooked-up but the picture is off-center so I put the VGA cable away. The only piece of equipment I still need to hook-up is my VCR/DVD player but I want to want until the sound bar gets here.

Somebody (Mom) used my bank account like a piggy bank so bye-bye money. She has my second bank card and I told her to use the card for emergencies. What are going to do, she's Mom right? I talked to the family mechanic today and told him I need to wait until the end of the month before we can work on the brakes. That was good with him because he's rebuilding an engine and there's a ton of work he still needs to finish on a split-window Vet plus all other work.

:gr_patrio

#27 ·
I know I said there would pictures but I had to leave knowing only that the truck would be finished by the end of the day. But...

The brakes are finely done! :rck:

Still stuck here in town until the tires can be replaced but at least my trips driving around are no longer limited and there's no cool down time. There's still no highway driving or long trips where the tires could build-up heat. The brakes had got to the point that I would almost start to trust them and then I could feel the brake dragging the front left wheel. I plan to fill-up tomorrow and see if my fuel number go up any since the brakes are no dragging. It's a Dodge so I'm not going to hold my breath.

While building-up some extra cash in the bank, I thought of going after a few of the small jobs that are needed. The two the have me the most upset are the tires-n-rims and the smell inside the cab. So I thought the rims would be a good project to tackle next. I asked on Facebook about cleaning the crap and came away with a plan that should clean them, bring them back to almost new, and save my back all at the same time. The stuff I plan to use... well, I'll have handle it while wearing a good amount of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The neighbors that love the program Breaking Bad maybe wondering if David has a new hobby. All the work will be out front so there shouldn't be legal question from the PD. The chemical is on order and will be here sometime in-between the 5th and 10th. I will pick-up the PPE this week and have everything ready to go. The rust is so bad the middle of the rims, I'll have to get a thread chaser and new bolts for the center caps. The bolts I have won't work because they're metric. I get some new lugs nut while I'm at it because the once on the truck look pretty bad.

As to the question of what I'm going to use, I'm no sure it would be good idea to post that on the open forum because this stuff is dangerous and can hurt you pretty damn bad. I just don't know. I may just call it Dragon's Piss or something like that on the open forum. I do not want to say because this stuff can really really hurt you. The thought of someone following up behind me, not taking the proper safety steps, and then getting hurt! I would rather leave it mystery because there's always some kid that thinks they know better. I know because I was that kid. After all the busted bones, burns, and even losing an eye, I'm finely taking the proper steps to keep from getting hurt. It's a-little late but I'd rather not spend any more time in the hospital, burn unit, or flat on my back trying to recover from something stupid.

Okay, enough of the soapbox! Here's what I'm up against with the rims...

:photo:

Attachments

#28 ·
Had a doctors appointment yesterday and I needed to stop and pay a bill on the way home. This is what I posted on FB yesterday as my day went on....

About 10-am... Can start today over!!!!! The appointment to see the doctor turned into a $100-dollar blood test. After leaving there, I needed to make a payment and the truck sounded like I hit something in the road. Then trying to stop, one of brakes was grinding and locked up. After pulling into a parking lot, I found that one of the two caliper mounting bolts was missing! Every time I stepped on the brake, the caliper is turning into the wheel. I was able to remove the only other one and move it where I can drive forward. I should not have been able to remove the bolt but the installer didn't use 'Locktight'. Sorry, I don't remember the spelling. (Loctite)

SCREAM, SCREAM, HALLER, SCREAM, HALLER, HALLER, SCREAM, SCREAM!!!!!

Okay, I'm better. For now.

30-minutes later... I went back where it felt like I hit something in the road hoping to find the needle in haystack. No luck finding it while walking the quarter mile section, twice. So I dropped off the truck. So far this day sucks!

Later about 12:30 pm.... The Ram was just delivered to the house. Glad to have her back but I'm still upset at the damage that was caused when the caliper felt and jammed against the rim. When I clean the rims next week, I'll see if the damage can be buffed out. That's my only choice because the rims are no longer made! I'll double check everything while I have the wheels off. The large bolt you see in the corner of the picture is the one that fell out. The shiny is the damage to the rim. (pictures below)

He was able to solve why it happen. All of the brakes kits were from the same manufacture. Three of the boxes were white and one was dark blue. It was the dark blue box that had the kit for the passenger side rear wheel and it's the one that did not have new mounting bolts in the box for the caliper. So they used the old ones. The new came with the thread locker pre-applied to the bolts butt they didn't put some on the older bolts. This wasn't an excuses for what happen, it just explained the "why it happen?" question. It bugged him that this happen and he was really really sorry. But what had me banging my head on the desk once I got inside? He said that he made sure the other side was tight before he drove the truck to my home. (Translation - Even though it was meant to be with the best of intentions, he had now broken pre-applied thread locker that was on the new bolts.) So earlier today, I stopped and got some the blue Permatex Thread Locker paste in the tube. I wanted the bottle of the Loctite Blue but they only carried the Permatex brand. I need to get out in a-bit and plan to stop by the storage room so I can get and put away some tools from my toolbox. Yes, I'm going to remove the all the four of the bolts one at time, clean them, and then reapply thread locker as I reinstall them. If for no other reason than just plain peace-of-mind. I'll get my 1/2-inch impact while I'm there so I have it here to remove the tires when I treat/clean the rims and wheel wells later.

Attachments

#29 ·
The stuff I ordered to clean the rims came today. I also stopped to get the tools that will be needed and I got all my stuff to put back in my Ram. That's what you see in the picture. I'll see how much can be done tomorrow. My second stop was to get the PPE that I will need to handle the super strong cleaner. The only PPE item that's still needed is a face shield. I'm being real careful with this stuff.

Attachments

#30 ·
Everything I had planned was put on hold this week. The brakes on the Ram have been working great since I replaced everything at the wheels. To say the least, it was big step forward to getting my truck where it's a trustworthy and reliable transportation. All this because Warranty Direct/Interstate National Dealer Services, Inc just let my truck fall apart while hoping I would take breadcrumbs during the law suit. Well, a the brakes are not fixed yet. I drove Mom around being her chauffeur and not long after leaving her house, I got a shutter from the brakes in the pedal. Loosing another mounting bolt in the back flashed thought my mind so I got under the back and everything was fine and the brakes didn't do it again. I pushed that aside and thought it was me being overly sensitive. The last stop was ChinaMart and as we were leaving, I was waiting for a vehicle behind me so I could back out and my brake pedal almost went to the floor. I put the truck in park and pressed the brake a number of times and it worked fine until I just sat there holding the pedal. Each time, if I pushed harder than just holding the pedal, it almost went to floor. The brake worked fine all the way home but there's no mistaking, the Master Cylinder is going out. Not sure what that's going to cost me but I would rather put it towards tires! I hope and prayer these dirt-bags lawyers and *******s with WD and Interstate are plagued with more problems than they can handle with their personal vehicle. That would be sweet justice.

:VHOT:

On a side note that was really a non-event... While I was running around on Wednesday, my A/C stopped working. I could hear the A/C clutch working but nothing inside unless I was driving down the road. "Great! The A/C condenser e-fan is out again!" Okay. no big deal. I've replaced it two times and it's an easy ten or fifteen minute job. But spending money on the e-fan is funds that I need for tires and that's the only reason I was upset. Once home, I got under the hood and found a bad 25-amp fuse at number 39 spot in the fuse-box which is solely for the A/C condenser fan. Sweet! A new fuse and everything is nice a cool again in the truck.

:cool:

#31 ·
Help, I Do Not Want All BLACK

While my truck was at the dealership bring repaired for three months, someone bashed the center radio bezel right at the HVAC controls. It cracked the center section and busted out every single mounting point and mounting loop for the HVAC controller. My only fix was to glue the controller in place to the back on the panel. I did a good enough job that you cannot tell unless you push the center section and then you can cracks. I've looked all over and all I can find is the double-din upgrade kits or the factory one for more than $300-bucks! I just do not have the cash for this. If I get the double-din, I need a new radio head unit or if I go with new part(s), they're just too damn high.

Well, I finely found a used center section and it's looks real good but just a-little dirty. The whole center section panel and bezel is black and it'll look like crap in my grey interior. My center radio bezel is black and that's really that's all I want to replace here. Can I swap the center sections without hurting the rest of the panel? I can replace the HVAC controller later when I find a nice one on the cheap and then install the whole thing onto the truck at the same time.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

#32 ·
Well, I found the HVAC controller on Amazon. It's new and only $160-bucks. It should be here about two days after the bezel gets here.

#33 ·
Yes, you can replace individual pieces. If you buy the all black one, you can paint or hydrodip the parts to be whatever color or design you want. If you do it yourself paint and hydrodip are both very affordable.

PS:
I painted the center bezel in my '05, and hydrodipped the center bezel in my '12.

#34 ·
That's what I'd like to do here if I can find the time. Putting the better center section on my grey, taupe, or whatever they call it bezel is the end goal. If I can make it pop a-little, it would be a great bonus. I still have all the stuff set aside to deep clean the rims and that's been for almost a month now! Taking care of your parents can be a full time in itself. I'll see if I can find something on YouTube that shows how to pull it apart and rework it. The less surprise I have, the better.

:smile

#35 ·
I have the new master cylinder and it should go on today or tomorrow. Hopefully, that's the end of the brake problems. I also have a used center section for my dash coming so I can replace the damaged radio bezel, as well as, a new HVAC controller. All of the mounting points on the bezel and the mounting loops on the controller are broken. The bezel itself is broken and cracked in a number of places. My only way to repair it was to glue the controller to the back of the of the broken bezel. It's works and is okay until I can replace the broken stuff. I'd like to do something special to the center section since I'll have to pull it all apart anyway. But the end goal is to repair the damage that was done while it was at the dealership. Can I prove they did it? No, not really. But the center section was fine when it went in and busted-up when it was returned to me three months later. I also have a new smart phone holder that made just for the Ram on the way. I ordered it about the same time and I plan to use Google Maps to replace my NAV system since the NAV-DVD's are no longer sold for the RB1 systems. All is good because I can use that money to upgrade my speakers and amp, as well as, a big bass speaker to the system. I still have the CEL for the fuel vapor leak. I believe the problem is on top of the fuel tank. They removed the tank to clean it and that's where I think the leak is located. I'm going to upgrade to the larger fuel tank and have my mechanic do the work so I know it's done right this time. All of this plus the carpeting, sound deadening, tires, and some other stuff as I go. I'm no Mr. Money here so this will take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.