DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

front end noise in my 2012 ram, 2000kms!!!!

25K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Safetyman16 
#1 ·
wondering if anyone has had this problem or if u have any info? I have a new 2012 ram with 2000kms and love the truck. A few times i have noticed a noise in my passenger side front end. If I'm on a rough section of paved road(bumpy) i hear almost a clunking sound like metal on metal. any smaller bumps i will not notice it at all just when there are a few together. I drive like an old man my wife say's and am very easy on the truck. Wondering if it could be a ball joint already? Or maybe suspension related. My buddy said seems like something is loose, like two parts are hitting when I hit a bigger bump, or like something wasn"t tightened at the factory!!!!! I will get it checked out at the dealership just didn't know if it should be a worry til then. 90% of the bumps i do not hear it,or if i slow down to 10-15kms I will never hear the noise. Thanks guys!!

#2 ·
about a week ago someone else mentioned the same thing in a brand new '12 1500...

i think it was also canadian...

i have had mine for just over a month now, and no issues yet..

#6 ·
Double check Spare tire is tight. then up to suspension or exhaust brakets or fasteners

#8 ·
I think my 2012 is doing the same, after about 1000kms it feels like my gas pedal shakes.. and i can feel vibrations through the gas pedal.

Sighless,

Sorry to hear about your concerns with the vibration in the gas pedal. I would recommend contacting your local Chrysler Canada service department; they have the latest diagnostic equipment and will be able to review your concerns.

If you'd like any further assistance or have any other questions feel free to PM me.

#9 ·
Sport 17

It is sometimes difficult to determine if there is a problem with the vehicle when there is an intermittent concern. I'm glad to hear you're taking it to your dealer, they have factory trained technicians to address your concerns and put your mind at ease.

If you’d like me to assist you with booking an appointment, you can PM me your VIN# and the name of your Chrysler Canada dealer.

#10 ·
same

I have a 2012 sport mine has a little viabration in the gas pedal as well. I noticed after that it was only on rough pavement. When i would hit smooth pavement it would go away..........was told that the 20" tires are mostly to blame . please let me know what u find out.

#12 ·
mine does to, i had it to two dealers and they said nothing was wrong even my wife said i was crazy. I kinda decided to leave it alone for now and see what happens. As for the clunking i have that to, i am sure thats the steering colum tho.

#13 ·
My first issue with my 04 was the power steering pressure line was vibrating, caused an odd feel to truck and it would only do it in take off from a quick stop sign and go, not all the time, a medium to long stop light it'd never happen. After 3 or 4 visits to dealer and a new hose, it finally went away.

#14 ·
Yeah I have a rattling going on from the back somewhere. As im driving down the road, with my drivers window down, I can hear it clanking and rattling from under the bed/rear suspension somewhere

I have a '12 1500 Sport QC with 2100 Miles on it and its been doing this for at least 1000 miles

#15 ·
i wont be taking my truck in until my first oil change.. and maybe then i'll find out whats causing the vibration through the gas pedal.

#26 ·
I would be interested in what they find out as well. My 4G was the only truck I test drove and right off the lot I noticed the gas pedal vibration. Figured it was normal but now reading these forums it's making me wonder.. Also a 2012 crew sport from Canada. Just turning over to 3000km now.

#17 ·
Check the tire tools under passenger seat. Mine loosened up once and the clacking drove me crazy for about 2 weeks before I realized the tool set and jack were loose.

#18 ·
any updates on this? My front end seems to chatter and clank a bit, and I just rolled over 2500 miles. I can hear it banging around when im going over bumps in the road. Sucks because its making noise like its a 5 year old truck and its only 2 months old

#19 ·
Front End Concern Also 2012

Great Post, unfortunately same concern. I have a 2012 4x4 crew cab with only 1200 miles on it, babied as well in town driving, I now have a crackling sound or metal on metal type noise in the passenger-side front end when i go over larger bumps. It just started happening, never did it until now. i just saw the posts and have the exact same concern. Wondering if you ever took it to the dealership and found anything out? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks.

#21 ·
Got the same noise the wife says it sounds like it is coming from the wheel well area by her feet and mine is mostly slow turns. The technician saw rub marks on wheel liner that looked like it was hitting the upper strut tower bolts. they put in a new liner and clips and havent really heard anything since. I started hearing it only a 1000 miles in and I have 2400 now. Still not 100% sure if they fixed it because it sounded like loose suspension to me as well.

#22 ·
Hey Guys,

so this is what i would be looking at,

it is your tie rod ends, i know there was a recall but they are still shit!
i have a 2010 ram 1500 sport 4x4, the first set of tie rod ends had play at 20000 kms,but didnt get hem replaced till 34000, when i bought the truck from new i had a vibration in the gas pedal and could never find the cause, got the 2 outer tie rod ends changed under the recall and also 1 inner changed at the same time and the vibration was gone. prior to the recall comming out i noticed play in my tie rods so i had the truck looked at by a dealer due to a clunking noise in the front end and the play and then the recall came out. the recall was only for outer ends yet i had had a bad inner end also. so now i had a clunk in the front again and guess what another tie rod end, so i just got that tie rod end changed on the 27th of september and today guess what, i now have play in the other side again. so the front end of my truck is shit. my budy bought a truck same time as me (within a week) and he has had no issues with his front end, but i drove his truck when it was new and he did not have the same gas pedal vibration as i did.
also if you find play in the tie rod ends watch them because they get worse really fast!! also i would just like to note that this truck is only driven on smooth paved roads (wifes truck) and has never spent any time in the bush. i take my chevy in the bush! i just called dodge tonight and they said just keep getting the parts replaced as long as you can under warranty - THANKS ALOT, anyways i came on this forum to see if other people are getting thier tie rod ends replaced as much as me and i can see that there will be more. check your front ends and please post if you find anything. also there is no vibration or shaking noted in the steering wheel with the tie rod end play.

#23 ·
I took my truck into the Dodge Dealership for the front end noise, only 1400 miles on my pickup. They heard the clanking noise. Technician said everything looks solid underneath, couldnt figure out the problem.... He said another person brought a 2012 ram in for same issue and they replaced both his front shocks. This apparently did not fix the issue. Certified Dealership could not figure it out. I like the pickup look, but now am wondering if i should have kept my 2011 Silverado crew which was very solid in the suspension. Disappointed.

#24 ·
i have worked on a few of these in both cases i found the noise was comming from the lower radiator support on passanger side i just tighted up the body mount its mounted to and noise was gone,, if u open the hood and get a buddy to push up and down on the truck u can here the noise and watch the support move

#25 ·
Back in July I would hear a faint grinding(metal on metal) sound only while cruising with the windows down. 2012 Ram sport with like 6k miles. Took it to the dealership and they said 2 techs drove it and couldn't hear any noises other than the sucking noise from my cai. I was like whatever, what I'm hearing is not my cai. So in an effort to do something, they said my brakes were dirty and they cleaned them up. I was certain that wouldn't take care it, but I agreed to drive it for a few days and see if the brake cleaning took care of it. Anyway, a few months passed and it was early September. Grinding sound getting worse and now a vibration in the brake pedal that was getting worse by the day. Took it back in and they replaced all 4 rotors. That took care of my problem, she runs smooth now. Drove me nuts for several months though!

#28 ·
Noisy front end 2012 dodge ram 4x4

Have had this truck 6 months new, one month ago started making noise same as yours around front passenger tire, now doing the same around the driver tire and is driving me nuts, dealership replaced front cv axle passenger side and gave it back to me. Noise still there and getting worse, now trucks seems to steer left and right on its own, any help on the noise in the front end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.