DodgeTalk Forum banner

Which tpms sensor for 08 1500?

1K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  mrfsilver08ram 
#1 ·
Hey guys one of my valve stems has corroded and broke off,I have read where I can't replace the stem only since I have tpms,I must replace the whole unit,is that correct?what kind of tpms sensor do I need?Im looking to buy a cheaper one on eBay,is there any reason to buy a higher priced one instead?

#2 ·
The dealer gave me this part#68137699AA which I found on ebay. These are the replacement style. You can still get the metal stem style you currently have as well. That part# is 56029319AA. (The letters at the end of each part number may vary depending when they were manufactured. The "AA" was manufactured before the "AB" and so on. "AB" is an updated version from what I've read). Double check when you cross reference. I got new tires and switched to the new style.

#3 ·
Also, check ebay for a tpms rebuild kit.

#4 ·
I would like to go this route because everything's fine besides the stem. sorry if this is a stupid question,for the rebuild kit does the tire need to be taken off,or can I do everything with it mounted at home?

#5 ·
Not a stupid question. They might need to remove the tire, at the very least deflate it. The stem is screwed to the sensor from the inside.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Looks like you found a replacement! I searched thru ebay, google, yahoo until I found the best price. The only reason I switched to the sensors with the rubber stem was durability. I had read where these metal stem sensors were susceptible to breaking. Since I was putting on new tires I found 4 of them on ebay for about $135 shipped. The dealer wanted $320 plus tax for 4!!! Good Luck!

#8 ·
Great,I would go with a rubber one,but my ocdness want them to match lol.One more question and I'll be done lol,how do I go about resetting once I install a new one,will the shop reprogram it if I ask,or does it automatically recognize it?

#9 ·
Mine automatically reset when I left the tire shop.

#10 ·
Ok,thanks for the help man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.