DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 express cluster upgrade to premium

13K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Twodko 
#1 ·
Ok guys here's the lowdown. Hated the plain Jane cluster I had. Nabbed a longorn premium cluster and installed it. 100% plug n play. All functions work as intended.

Mileage remains in the cluster though so ya need to be close in mileage.

Did I mention DIRECT PLUG N PLAY SWAP?!?!

Pics:

Before:

After:

See less See more
#2 ·
That's awesome that it's a direct plug and play. I could see how the odometer reading could be a problem though.

#4 ·
I love my premium cluster! Great upgrade for sure!

Couldn't be simpler to swap.

#5 ·
That's pretty cool. And EVIC functions work etc?

How much for one of those bad boys?

#6 ·
Greg all evic functions work. I nabbed this one for 150. OEM cheap one is back in for another 2700 miles till the truck mileage matches the new cluster odometer. Then it's permanent.

#7 ·
Will one from a 13 work in a 14?

#10 ·
Yes sir!

#9 ·
Wow I would not have guessed that to be plug and play.

That longhorn cluster looks BA.

#11 ·
did that on my 10. think I need a flash from the dealer because my truck did not have one at first. will be at the dealer on Monday to see what they can do. yes they are plug and play.

#12 ·
Without any records from Dodge do you think this may show up as a tempered odometer down the road?

#13 ·
The mileage is also in the pcm. So as long as they agree- I don't think so. I took it back out till the mileage on my truck equals that of the cluster. So in about 2400 miles it will be the same. Then in it goes permanent.

#17 ·
A 13 will work as well since they had DEF too.

#20 ·
As far as pics go? I don't have any. I'll take some when I put the premium cluster back in. It's out till truck mileage matches cluster mileage.

Tips: it's stupid easy. Tilt column full down, take out the 4 t15 torx screws, pull cluster surround out. 2 7 mm screws at the bottom hold in the cluster. The harness has almost no slack in it. The connector is off center to the left. It's a push the tab and pull out type. Once you get the cluster out you'll see the connector wiring is held onto the dash structure with a Christmas tree type pin. I just removed that adding more slack to the harness.

Plug in new cluster, start truck check all functions and reverse removal directions.

It's really easy. No wire cutting or splicing at all. Direct swap out.

#19 · (Edited)
as mine did not come with one could not get it done at the dealer. says I may need a new clock spring. I need a vin from a 11 or 12 with the steering wheel functions so I can order a new one. any one care to let me borrow theirs so I can order one.

#21 ·
I posted in your other thread as well, but you shouldn't need a new clockspring...you do have to cut and splice some wires and you have to have a new sales code RDZ added to your vehicle build then flashed to your truck. See the other post for some more details on where to find more info.

#22 ·
Hopefully my premium cluster has more miles then my truck does. Right now have almost 700 miles on my truck and they are sending me a "New" cluster. If not then what should I do?

#25 ·
Wish I had known it was that easy! I bought my '13 Express instead of a '14 because they no longer could order Express with the premium gauge cluster for '14 model year. I really wanted a '14 w/ the 8 speed, but the cluster sealed the deal for me and I have the 6 speed tranny and nicer cluster.

#26 ·
I've been looking forward to doing this if anyone has one of these for sale feel free to PM me.... Just hit 8,000 miles so if anyone has one 10k or close to it again Pm me

Dealer is giving me crap about this saying that even if the mileage is the same on both that it'll need to be flashed...... willing to take my chances...

#29 ·
I just bought a new 2015 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 Big Horn and would LOVE to
upgrade to a premium gauge cluster.
Any members here that have one to sell I'd be very interested in buying it.

I know, I know.......there's a lot of members here who want one as well. Hahahaha

The only other source would be OEM online parts or a salvage unit I guess.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.