DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1984 W150 trans. problems

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  77Utiline 
#1 ·
every morning when I go to work, I run out and start my truck and wait a few minutes, then pull it in reverse, give it some gas and all it does is rev, then it slowly starts moving, it carries on like this for about 2-4 minutes, but once the truck is warmed up it is fine, but if it's allowed to cool down it does the same thing. I'm not new to the mopar game, but this is the 2nd trans.(727TF) in 6 years. I have a good alum. trans. cooler and always change the trans. fluid at the right time. I really can't tell what exactly is happening, it feels like it is slipping, but I'm thinking all the fluid is draining from the TC and that may be my problem, or maybe the the bands in the trans. are worn/stretched out. What do you guys think? New trans. time or any suggestions.

#3 ·
Try warming the truck in neutral instead of park.
727s don't fill the torque converter in park.
That's why we have to check the level in neutral not park.
IMHO
Scott

#4 ·
My '94 Ram Van is a bit sluggish taking off if I just drop it in Drive from Park in the morning. I put it in Neutral for a minute after I fire the engine and all is okay.

#5 ·
huh, I'll have to do that, start it in neutral and let it run for a while. Thanks guys, I'll let you know what happens.

#6 ·
That should help. The pump doesn't work in park. :gr_patrio

#7 ·
it helps alot, but if I have to do that everytime there's something wrong, just wondering what it would be, what in the trans. causing this? any ideas? THANKS

#8 ·
mine did the same thing on my d150 got my trans rebuilt a few months later it did what you are saying it was doing then a few months later my torque converter blew up........

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.