DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

295/65 R20 Trail Grapplers

80K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  Gp1200r2000 
#1 ·
HEY ALL,

After much debate and hours in front of the computer... I have decided (I think) on the Nitto Trail Grapplers 296 65 20s. Truck is leveled with the rough country 2.5" kit. Will these fit on the stock rims?? See pic below..Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:gr_patrio:gr_patrio:gr_patrio:gr_patrio:gr_patrio:gr_patrio:gr_patrio:gr_patrio

See less See more
#2 ·
That's y I got the ready lift sst. Rough country recommends a 33x12.50. I can fit a 35 but I think it'll look very stuffed. Might fit on stockers. Gonna be close.

#3 ·
theres a guy on here, musclemckeester i believe ...running them on his chrome clad wheels...

#6 ·
You are correct, he had a 2" front level. You might need 1/4" front wheel spacers because it is pretty close. I had this size on my last truck, I really liked them

#4 ·
you may need a 1/4" spacer.

I have 295/60/20 Trail Graps and I rub at full lock........even with my 2" level, 1.25" body lift and 1/4 spacers on the wheels

#7 ·
Just ordered these for me 20s :) Fingers crossed!

#8 · (Edited)
The painted 20's are only 8" wide, (1/2" more clearance to upper control arm)
and not 9" like the chrome clads, and therefore not an issue and no spacers needed.

Bubba_Hemi was one of the first to mount 295/65R20's on stock (painted) 20's

Link: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306088&highlight=trail&page=2

a 295/65R20 Trail Grappler is 12.13" wide by 35.47" tall

FWIW, I have Nitto 305/50R20's on my stock Chrome Clad 20's (12.2" wide X 32.1" tall) on my Lowered 4x4, no spacers, no rubbing
a slightly larger 305/55R20 does rub the upper control arm at 12.4" wide x 33.19" tall

#36 ·
Great choice on the tires, the look great on your truck! i will be getting my 2nd set of these tires right now i run 305/55/20. i went to 295/65/20 because i bought a lift kit.

one question i have for 'blackramhemi' is are you sure that these measure out to 12.13'' im not seeing the math on that if you type 295 mm convert to inches, into google it brings up 295= 11.6142?

#9 ·
Thanks man, that relieved a lot of stress i was having!!

#12 ·
They are supposed to be in Monday ! :):)

#13 ·
EXCELLENT! That's not messin around. We need a full, thorough, complete report on if these babies fit without spacers. I'm lookin at these tires for my 20" x 8" when the OEM tires wear out.

Interested in road noise etc. full breakdown homey.

Your truck already looks wicked as it is. Get the tires and you'll be smokin.

Thanks blackramhemi for posting the info on that blue dodge. Ive got the deep water blue as well so mine will resemble that.

#15 ·
shes in the shop now!! pix soon!!

#17 ·
OK here they are!!! The pix as promised, love these tires!! They fit great, no rubbing from what i can see, little bit of a hum on the highway but i dont care/// they make it look sooo much better. With the RCX level it sits about 2-3 higher than a stock power wagon.

Before tires///just the level

AFTER:

#18 ·

#20 ·
#22 ·
Yea actually feels higher...got my tires from a local shop...mill street tire in moorestown nj, 389.00/tire wasnt bad....removing the ram 1500 on the side and def looking at tint

#23 ·
did you need spacers?

#25 ·
Damn good look there! :rck:

#27 ·
Thanks guys!! No spacers needed :)

#29 ·
Personally I am not a fan of the bull bar, but it isn't my truck. Overall it looks really good and what is better, you like it. Nice job with it.

#30 ·
any rubbing? how close are the tires from your upper control arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.