brake lights fuse - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 12 Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
xancatal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
brake lights fuse

Does anyone know where is the brake lights fuse (if any)? I looked in the engine's fuse box, and on the side fuse box and none of them seem to be for the brake lights. The brake lights stopped working on my 2001 Durango.

Thanks
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 10:12 PM
gramol

grab a test light and check them all. or check owners manual....

2000 dodge durango,5.9 L,4wd,cold air intake,clear corners,mechanic from canada(spend my days diagnosing and finding broken wires/bad modules),onboard laptop loaded with mitchell, alldata,autoenginuity among others
post #3 of 12 Old 05-27-2007, 07:56 AM
brad81987

I'm pretty sure it's in the underhood electrical box. it should be a 15 amp, so check all of those.

-Brad-

2000 Durango SLT 4.7L 116,000 miles
Bilstein Shocks, Addco Sway Bars, Magnaflow Muffler
Drawtite Front Hitch and Custom Brush Guard
True HID Projector Headlights (Morimoto Mini's in Clear Headlights)
Hella Micro DE Projector Fogs with 3000k HID Kit

post #4 of 12 Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Ugg
The A#1 Original!

xancatal:

Yes you have one. It's in the side of the dash fuse box. Like Gramol suggested, check your OM. Also, you should get a FSM.

Later
Ugg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The One, The Only, The A#1 Original
The Original DOC Black Sheep #1.
Signature Police Officer # 013
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Durango R/T, Patriot Blue with All factory options but block heater.

*Fastman TB. *JBA Headers. *DynoMax Flo Thru Muffler. *Hitch Mounted 55 Watt Back-Up Lights. *Yellow Krypton Fog Lights. *Nu-Image Flame Glo Gauges. *Orange Flame Seat Covers. *Autolite 3923 Plugs. *Remote Start-Up & Alarm. *Country Craft Brushed Aluminium Grille & Billet. *Blue Indiglo Glo Gas And Brake Pedals. *Lund Sun Visor. *LUND Rear Window Deflector. *Removed Factory Running Boards. *Rancho RS 9000 Shocks. *Ken Thompson Wheel Well Covers. *All Steel Skid Plates Installed To Replace Plastic Skids. *IP Stage II Cold Air Intake. *Rosewood Dash Kit by Trim King. *Cargo Liner by CargoLiner. *WeatherTech Vent Visors. *T-Bars cranked Up 3 Turns. *Extra Leaf Added Per Side On Rear Springs, *Rams Head Tail Light Covers. *55 Watt Back-Up Light Bulbs (installed in normal location for MORE light). *Go Rhino Hitch Step. *Ash Tray & Cup Holders Mounted by 2nd Row Seats. *American Flag
& Black Ribbon Mounted on Antenna. *Lest We Forget, Fuzzy Dice. *Oh, & A Little White German Shepherd On The Dash, Howling.

PENDING REPLACEMENT
*Kumho Venture AT 275/60x17 Tires (WARNING, these tires are GARBAGE!
).
*Replaced with 15" Yoko Geolander's.

To Be Installed One Day Soon, I Hope

*Blue Engine Dress-up Kit, Made By Toucan Industies. *Jimmi Jammers. *Strobe Lights fore & aft.

The Beast

*1942 WC 53, 3/4 ton Dodge Carryall. *#152 of 8400 Made. *318 V8. *5 spd Trans. *4:86 gears. *Full Time 4WD.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-29-2007, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
xancatal

(Thread Starter)
Damn!!! What is an OM and an FSM? I apologize for my electro-mechanical ignorance!
post #6 of 12 Old 05-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Ugg
The A#1 Original!

OM = owners manual. FSM = Factory Service Manual.

Later
Ugg

*Fastman TB. *JBA Headers. *DynoMax Flo Thru Muffler. *Hitch Mounted 55 Watt Back-Up Lights. *Yellow Krypton Fog Lights. *Nu-Image Flame Glo Gauges. *Orange Flame Seat Covers. *Autolite 3923 Plugs. *Remote Start-Up & Alarm. *Country Craft Brushed Aluminium Grille & Billet. *Blue Indiglo Glo Gas And Brake Pedals. *Lund Sun Visor. *LUND Rear Window Deflector. *Removed Factory Running Boards. *Rancho RS 9000 Shocks. *Ken Thompson Wheel Well Covers. *All Steel Skid Plates Installed To Replace Plastic Skids. *IP Stage II Cold Air Intake. *Rosewood Dash Kit by Trim King. *Cargo Liner by CargoLiner. *WeatherTech Vent Visors. *T-Bars cranked Up 3 Turns. *Extra Leaf Added Per Side On Rear Springs, *Rams Head Tail Light Covers. *55 Watt Back-Up Light Bulbs (installed in normal location for MORE light). *Go Rhino Hitch Step. *Ash Tray & Cup Holders Mounted by 2nd Row Seats. *American Flag
& Black Ribbon Mounted on Antenna. *Lest We Forget, Fuzzy Dice. *Oh, & A Little White German Shepherd On The Dash, Howling.

PENDING REPLACEMENT
).

*Blue Engine Dress-up Kit, Made By Toucan Industies. *Jimmi Jammers. *Strobe Lights fore & aft.

The Beast

*1942 WC 53, 3/4 ton Dodge Carryall. *#152 of 8400 Made. *318 V8. *5 spd Trans. *4:86 gears. *Full Time 4WD.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Oblivion

Did you ever figure out exacrly which fuse is the one for the brake lights? I just found out today that mine aren't working. The fuse diagrams didn't help at all so looked in the owners manual for help. Still can't figure out which fuse it is. I pulled and checked every damn fuse and they all looked fine.

Would be alot of help to know exactly which fuse it is so I can check that one over again.

Sucks not having brake lights.

2003 Atlantic Blue Dodge Durango SLT+ Full-Time 4 Wheel Drive
3.92 gears
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 265/70/16
Flowmaster 40 Series
post #8 of 12 Old 05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
skebert
2005 SRT4

It could be the switch at the pedal. Using a test light, see if you have power to and from the switch.

*Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member #14*

2005 Neon SRT-4
post #9 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skebert
It could be the switch at the pedal. Using a test light, see if you have power to and from the switch.
My truck is messin with me...

Per your advice I took my test light to the switch. Was able to confirm that the switch is both receiving power and sending when the brake pedal is pressed. So the problem lies elsewhere...

Next I pull apart my taillights, twist out the bulb, and take the test light to the contact points in the bulb housing. Sure enough I am able to confirm that the contact point is recieving power when the brake pedal is pressed....

Ok...well then wtf aren't any of my brake lights comming on.

Seems like a long shot but i run to Walmart and buy two new taillight bulbs.
Only one of the two taillight bulbs actually looked like it may be bad...the other was perfect. So I replace the suspected bad bulb with one of the new ones. Plug it back in, and wedge down the brake pedal. Whad'ya know I have one working brake light.
Next I replace the bulb on other side and re-wedge brake pedal...now have two working brake lights.

I have no clue how to access the 3rd brake light and its already dark out so that one will have to remain out for now.

Now my question is what the hell would have blown out all 3 of my brake lights but nothing else???? Taillights fine, blinkers fine, but all 3 brake lights are out???

WTF

I really dont want this to happen again. As it is I found out that they were all out when some guy pulled up next to me at a stop light and yelled "YOUR BRAKE LIGHTS ARE OUT!"

I dont want to find out next time by getting pulled over or rear ended!

3.92 gears
Flowmaster 40 Series
post #10 of 12 Old 06-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Ugg
The A#1 Original!

Oblivion:

Actually, many of us are guilty of NOT checking our lights. I generally do a check once a week. Simple, just turn on 4 ways. I also have a bad connection at the headlight to where I need to occasionally have to get out and smack the housing several times to get it to work.

Later
Ugg

PENDING REPLACEMENT
).

The Beast

post #11 of 12 Old 06-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg
Oblivion:

Actually, many of us are guilty of NOT checking our lights. I generally do a check once a week. Simple, just turn on 4 ways. I also have a bad connection at the headlight to where I need to occasionally have to get out and smack the housing several times to get it to work.

After the guy yelled at me on the road thats exactly what I did when I got home. Turned on 4 ways, everything works fine. Use left/rigth blinkers, everything works fine. Turn on head and taillights, everything works fine.
Then I took a pipe and stuck in between seat and brake pedal to depress it, walk around back...wtf no lights are on. Make sure pipe is pressing pedal check again...still no lights. My fiance comes outside and I have her pump the brake pedal....no damn brake lights!

Truck would have had me fooled if that guy hadn''t yelled at me on the road.

3.92 gears
Flowmaster 40 Series
post #12 of 12 Old 06-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Ugg
The A#1 Original!

Hi Oblivion:

Here's a little trick I use if ya can't get someone to help ya check the lights. I back into one of them stripmall parking spots where I can see the D's reflection in the window and go thru all the lights (including reverse).

Later
Ugg

PENDING REPLACEMENT
).

The Beast

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in