DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 A pillar leak inside

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MonsoonMike 
#1 ·
I've read a couple older closed threads about A pillar leaks but cant find anything new. I have a 2012 Ram 3500 with no sunroof and no top marker lamps. I get a leak that drips from the bolt hole plugs of the A pillar handle.

The dealer replaced my windshield last summer but its still leaking. It seems worse in the winter with snow/ice build up. it doesn't leak every storm and I cant make it leak with a hose. Anyone else experiencing this?

Any help is appreciated. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time and don't want internal rust issues.

#2 ·
Welcome to DT!

The only thing I can suggest is the same way the manufactures check for leaks. Run the truck though a high pressure car wash or have a friend spray the outside while your looking and searching inside the cab with strough flashlight. Not sure if he was a member here but a few years ago, he could find the leak until he removed the headliner and did the car wash thing. If I remember right, it was a bad spot under the rubber seal that runs just above the doors. I think the dealer took care of it in their body shop by pulling the rubber seal and then cutting all the sealant out and then redoing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.