DodgeTalk Forum banner

35 inch Tires

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Shots 
#1 ·
Getting ready to lift my 06 1500 and was thinking about these tires
Mastercraft COURSER MXT 35-1250R20LT

I like the look of them , but haven't heard much about them.

Anyone running these

Or what do you prefer?

I know with tires this size the more you stay on top of rotating them the better off you will be.

#2 ·
I've heard their really loud. No experience with them, so it's just hearsay.

As for preference, I like the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac, though I'm currently running Mickey Thopson Baja MTZ for the first time. I don't have enough miles on them to say they're better than the GY, but so far they seem every bit as good. I'm interested to see how they handle/sound/feel in the summer months.

#3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. It's always a tough decision buying tires. I'm such a stickler for the look most of the time. But this time I want the ride, comfort and so on of a best buy tire you know.

#4 ·
Sounds like a perfect match for the Duratrac to me. I'm also very picky about the look. Not only does the GY look good, they're nearly silent, they handle well, and they're very comfortable (not like the super stiff tires you usually get in that size).

#5 ·
I'm a huge fan of the new Toyo Open Country A/T II. I know a bunch of people who are running these. We're talking vehicles like a Honda Pilot, a couple of Chevy 1500's, a few 1 ton CTD's that not only pull snowmobile trailers but also have sled decks, and even a few of the guys on the Power Wagon Registry. The A/T II seems like a good pavement tire with a quiet ride, does well in mild to moderate/upper off road conditions (not a mud tire) and has a great warranty. Before my truck hits 30,000 miles I'm going to dump the stock BFG's on my Power Wagon for a set.

#6 ·
There made by Cooper I believe.

#7 ·
I think I'm going to go with the Mastercraft. Hope to be posting new pics by the weekend. Been saving money for the lift and tires.
Thanks for all the input!

Cooper is a good tire, I did not know that they made these tires. I had a set of Cooper 265/65/20. It was a good road tire and they lasted awhile.

#8 ·
I was also thinking about the Toyo Open Country. My son is a dead head rice burning loving Toyota truck guy.
I can't bring myself to put something with "Toyo" almost spelling Toyota on the Ram.
He would be on me all the time.

I know neither have any relationship to each other but it's just the lettering ...LOL...

But they sure are a good looking tire.

#9 ·
A lot of people run Nitto Trail Grapplers including myself, they're expensive but have good road manners for a MT tire.

#10 · (Edited)
I have 35.0/12.5R20 Kumho Road Venture MT KL-71's on my Stock Laramie wheels. Rancho loaded Quick Struts, and I'm running 10mm Hub Centric/Wheel Centric spacers on all 4 corners. I can't post pictures on this site until I have 5 posts. -Glen

#11 ·
This will be my fifth post. I'll post pictures after this. -Glen

#13 ·
Great looking Ram
Thanks for the info and pics

#14 ·
That's a damn good looking tire, prattman! Looks great with the stock wheels.
How are those price-wise?

#15 ·
Tires and lift installed

I had the Mastercraft MXT's put on and the RCX 4 " lift
Also added the ThunderRoad badges

Attachments

#16 ·
Wanting to run larger tires myself

I've got a 2009 1500 ram 4x4 and I'm looking to move up to a 35" tire and I'm having the hardest time locating any info on wheel spacers I've read some treads where people have said they didn't need them and some say it's a must but do you guys know anywhere that sells wheel spacers or wheel adapters I would like to stay as small as I can without going to a 1.5 adapter.

#17 · (Edited)
My lift called for after market wheels. I like the stock ones for now and we installed 1/4 inch spacer.
Pretty much Google what you need and you can find it and order it.

The garage who installed my lift said I didn't need the spacers but I went with them anyway. It was awful close in there.
My 2 cents ... hehehe keep the change!

#18 ·
Spacers are going to depend on the lift, the rim and the tires.
If you just level it with a set of Bilsteins, or a strut extension you only have to worry about the rim and tires.
The biggest issue is tire width in relation to the backspacing.

For example you can have 2 tires marketed as 35x12.5, but the actual sizes are different. Tire "A" is 35 x 11.7, while tire "B" is 35 x 13.2 (these are real, not exaggerations). Both are roughly within 3/4" of the marketed size, but if you can just barely fit tire "A", you'd need a spacer for tire "B".

So long story short it depends on your specific configuration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.