DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BONE STOCK hemi goes 14.65!!!!

997 views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  HEMI450HP 
#1 ·
Thats right guys... today I went out to the track to watch a local neon 2.4 swap, built motor and auto trans run. I ended up sayin to hell with it and running the truck since the weather was so cold and it was a good day to run it seemed like.. Tires were at 30psi, tow haul was off, tailgate takin off, spare tire out, and dirty a** air filter taken out! Anyways slips look like this!

SLIP 1
2.1208.... 60ft
9.3517.... 1/8th
74.64..... 1/8th mph
14.7701.. 1/4
89.86..... 1/4 mph
SLIP 2
2.1010.... 60ft
9.2834.... 1/8th
74.91..... 1/8th mph
14.6759.. 1/4
90.38..... 1/4 mph
SLIP 3
2.0915.... 60ft
9.2641.... 1/8th
74.99..... 1/8th mph
14.6565.. 1/4
90.34..... 1/4 mph

So over all for a r/c sb, stock 17's with stock tires, and 3.92 gears I think it did pretty DAMN good! Its a new personal best... old time was a 15.17, So I guess weather does play pretty good with these trucks... get a little cooler I might go back and try again! Anyways just curious as to what the fastest BONE STOCK time is? I thought I had read 14.7 or something? Just curious.. thanks guys!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice..imagine what some mods can do!!

#4 ·
Where'd you run the truck?

Isn't there a track in Gulfport?

You are RIGHT ON sea-level there.
I remember Keesler AFB being something like 23 feet above sea-level.

#6 ·
kicksave said:
Nice..imagine what some mods can do!!
Hopefully the intake, superchips, and cutout will get me into the 13's or DAMN close. Those should be here for christmas and then it will be back to the track. I wanna dyno before and after so I can see what the mods did for me power wise and time wise! Its def. a STRONG truck or almost a factory freak ha.. I havent been here long.. but I have not seen many stock trucks in the 14's let alone mid 14's! I am extremely happy and impressed with the truck. And I cant wait to get to really start moddin on it! Say a setup like 450hemi has with a little spray! Should make for alot of fun on the streets!

But I have the neon project that I am workin on! neon should be ready by christmas.. hopin for 11's all tuned out on 15psi with a few other mods! ;) . thanks for the comments guys and keep them coming!

#7 ·
Mad Hemi said:
Where'd you run the truck?

Isn't there a track in Gulfport?

You are RIGHT ON sea-level there.
I remember Keesler AFB being something like 23 feet above sea-level.

Yeah the gpt (gulfport) track.. right off exit 31 on the I state. and yeah we are pretty damn close to sea level! But the track is known for CRAPPY prep... lucky me.. everytime I ran there was a NICE big drag car doing some nice ass burnouts... so I picked up a little of their stickiness I think.. best 60ft the past 3 previous times I have been all I could manage to pull was a 2.2.. so I am happy!

#9 ·
05hemiregcab said:
Yeah the gpt (gulfport) track.. right off exit 31 on the I state. and yeah we are pretty damn close to sea level! But the track is known for CRAPPY prep... lucky me.. everytime I ran there was a NICE big drag car doing some nice ass burnouts... so I picked up a little of their stickiness I think.. best 60ft the past 3 previous times I have been all I could manage to pull was a 2.2.. so I am happy!
What time did you make your 14.65 pass?

#10 ·
Thats awesome man. :rck:

KB

#11 · (Edited)
dodge3471 said:
What time did you make your 14.65 pass?

around 8:00... I am not exactly postive because the track was pretty damn busy last night. they filled up 4-6 lanes all night and its usually not that busy. But it was like that all night!

why you ask? where you out there? Or know someone that was? I can scan the slips for any disbelievers (not sayin you are, just sayin).

But I have a question for you. I have noticed a few of you running the short belt setup for the track. I am just curious as to what size the belt was, and how you got it on there? do you still use the tensioner or what? thanks for the comments guys!

also does anyone happen to know what the fastest STOCK times where or are? thanks

#12 ·
:rck:

#13 ·
I like to see the results in street trim cause that is the way they are driven

Tailgate on spare on
Tires at street pressure etc

Take that stuff off and it isn't bone stock
Anyway that is the way I think

#14 ·
uncbob said:

Tailgate on spare on

Me too also with a clean air filter.....awesome runs anyway!!

#15 ·
05hemiregcab said:
around 8:00... I am not exactly postive because the track was pretty damn busy last night.
Weather as reported from Keesler AFB (10 miles from Gulfport) @ 8:00 PM last night.

Based on:
Temp: 48°
Humidity: 54%
Track Altitude: 50 feet
Pressure: 30.17 in.

Density Altitude = -878 feet ET MPH
Uncorrected 14.65 @ 90.34
Corrected 14.77 @ 89.59

You had some really good air last night! Congrats on the smoke'n fast times!

#16 ·
uncbob said:

Tailgate on spare on

I realize this isn't 100% bone stock, but I'll share anyways. My Ram turned a 14.89 at HRP in Nov '05 with the stock 20s, spare, tailgate, jack, my fat a** (235 lbs at the time), and 1/4 tank of gas. Race weight was 4,790 lbs. Temp was 60*, humidity was 70%. IIRC, DA was somewhere around 250 ft. The only mod at the time was a Superchips tuner with the original 012 database. Never got a completely bone stock run. I have heard they are low 15 sec trucks of the showroom floor.

This past weekend, I ran in stock trim again (tailgate, jack, spare, me at 185 lbs.), 1/8 tank of gas, a Flowmater si/do muffler, and a updated Superchips (db047 I think, which is radically different than db012). My best time was 14.51 @ 92 mph with almost no traction. I had to ease her out of the hole then nail it. DA was -550 ft (55*, 40% humidity). HRP's scale was not working, so I couldn't get my race weight, but nothing else has changed. So I figure race weight was about 50-60 lbs less (me and a couple gallons of gas).

Don't discount these guys at all. Dodge has built a pretty wicked truck. The HEMI in a RC makes for a ridiculously powerful vehicle. I'll bet I could shave another few tenths with some 17" wheels, drag radials, and some weight reduction. As the tuning gets better and more go-fast goodies come out, these trucks will be Lightning killers for sure. :rck:

#17 ·
uncbob said:

Tailgate on spare on

in street trim I ran previous best was a 15.1 at 88.5, but best 60ft I was pullin was a 2.2 60ft and it was ALOT warmer out.. over head said like 70-75* at the time of the run! Give me the 2.0 I was pulled last night and it would def. be 14 sec!

As far as takin that stuff off.. it dont make it any less stock. it just reduces the weight, which in turn benifits the truck. Its like these guys takin the belt off and power only the waterpump.. do you think that is unfair also? I mean hell doin that should have a 1/10th or 2.. and they are just little drag tricks! Granted street trim is what the truck will do everyday... but then again these trucks depend on the weather, so just cause your truck ran a 14 in december, dont mean that it will run that in july! My times have only gotten better! from 15.2 to 15.1 to 14.7 to 14.65 as the weather got cooler! So its not cheatin and its still stock regardless. just less weight. Motor and drivetrain are still BONE STOCK.. the air filter was clogged up with dirt.. supposed to be white, it was pretty much black.

also, do you tell matt (450hemi) and a few of the other fast ones to run fulls street trim? If I am not mistaken he takes that stuff off too! Its like one guy said on another forum.. running street trim at a drag strip is like bringin a knife to a gun battle! :dunno:

oh well cant please them all I guess.. thanks for the comment guys!

#18 ·
dodge3471 said:
Weather as reported from Keesler AFB (10 miles from Gulfport) @ 8:00 PM last night.

Based on:
Temp: 48°
Humidity: 54%
Track Altitude: 50 feet
Pressure: 30.17 in.

Density Altitude = -878 feet ET MPH
Uncorrected 14.65 @ 90.34
Corrected 14.77 @ 89.59

You had some really good air last night! Congrats on the smoke'n fast times!

well thanks for that weather report man ha.. I was wonderin what the info about the track was! Anyways I dunno how accurate the overhead console is, but it was readin 51.. but as the night went on it was gettin cooler and cooler.. but 8-830 it was around 49-48 and kept going down.. so it might have been thirty min before 8.. not to sure.. like I said I didnt look at the clock, was just enjoying!

#19 ·
Great runs and stock to boot. You're going to be scary when you buff up on the Mods. :rck:

#20 ·
05hemiregcab said:
in street trim I ran previous best was a 15.1 at 88.5, but best 60ft I was pullin was a 2.2 60ft and it was ALOT warmer out.. over head said like 70-75* at the time of the run! Give me the 2.0 I was pulled last night and it would def. be 14 sec!

As far as takin that stuff off.. it dont make it any less stock. it just reduces the weight, which in turn benifits the truck. Its like these guys takin the belt off and power only the waterpump.. do you think that is unfair also? I mean hell doin that should have a 1/10th or 2.. and they are just little drag tricks! Granted street trim is what the truck will do everyday... but then again these trucks depend on the weather, so just cause your truck ran a 14 in december, dont mean that it will run that in july! My times have only gotten better! from 15.2 to 15.1 to 14.7 to 14.65 as the weather got cooler! So its not cheatin and its still stock regardless. just less weight. Motor and drivetrain are still BONE STOCK.. the air filter was clogged up with dirt.. supposed to be white, it was pretty much black.

also, do you tell matt (450hemi) and a few of the other fast ones to run fulls street trim? If I am not mistaken he takes that stuff off too! Its like one guy said on another forum.. running street trim at a drag strip is like bringin a knife to a gun battle! :dunno:

oh well cant please them all I guess.. thanks for the comment guys!
Dude don't be upset I never said it was unfair, I think you got KILLER times with the few things you did. The point in my mind, and I may be wrong, is anything you do to alter it from how it came fromt he factory is a modification. Removing the air filter...modifying the air intake. Removing the tailgate and spare.....modifying the weight. Lowering the factory set air pressure in the tires.....you get the idea. I think that if a vehicle is stock then it is exactly like it was from the factory. Hell I remove as much weight and do all kinds of track prep when I race....that's what you're supposed to do!!! :D A modification is a modification from factory. By the way there is no way I EVER could have got those killer times with my truck doing those simple mods...congrats and I look forward to seeing what that truck of yours is capable with major mods!!! :tup:

#21 ·
Congrats on those AWESOME times for a stock truck!!! You are going to be very quick with mods and the intake, superchips, and cutout I believe are going to get you into the 13's. As for running in stock trim, here is how I look at it. If you want to race in street trim, then race on the street and save your $15 entry fee to the track...Race someone else thats in street trim. If you want to spend $15 to get a timeslip against someone else that has done weight reduction, then take off whetver you dont need and make it a fair race against whoever you are racing. If anyone wants to see what I run in street trim, then find me a backroad and lets do it...but if they want to see what I am capable of running, then meet me at the track when I am 100# lighter and then lets run. I dont drive with a spare, swaybar, or jack on the street anyway, so the only reduction I have done so far is the tailgate and passenger seat, which combined weigh no more than 100#...Thats not much weight reduction compared to what most other guys have been doing. And Dodge is at a weight disadvantage anyway, so by removing some weight, I am only leveling the playing field between us and teh other trick models.

#22 ·
HEMI450HP said:
Congrats on those AWESOME times for a stock truck!!! You are going to be very quick with mods and the intake, superchips, and cutout I believe are going to get you into the 13's. As for running in stock trim, here is how I look at it. If you want to race in street trim, then race on the street and save your $15 entry fee to the track...Race someone else thats in street trim. If you want to spend $15 to get a timeslip against someone else that has done weight reduction, then take off whetver you dont need and make it a fair race against whoever you are racing. If anyone wants to see what I run in street trim, then find me a backroad and lets do it...but if they want to see what I am capable of running, then meet me at the track when I am 100# lighter and then lets run. I dont drive with a spare, swaybar, or jack on the street anyway, so the only reduction I have done so far is the tailgate and passenger seat, which combined weigh no more than 100#...Thats not much weight reduction compared to what most other guys have been doing. And Dodge is at a weight disadvantage anyway, so by removing some weight, I am only leveling the playing field between us and teh other trick models.
exactly the way I see it also.. although my run fee is 20, and dependin on whats goin on its 25. So when I go I am gonna get the best out of my truck I can! Only other things I have been thinkin about tryin is like you said, passenger seat, possibly the bumper (I believe you have a roll pan, correct matt?) and the shorter belt thing! As far as the motor and drivetrain goes its competely stock. No intakes, no programmers, no pullies, nothing else!

And sawcut.. I understand where your coming from, and with everything in there it ran 15.2 and 15.1 but it warmer weather! This time at the track my goal was to break into the 14's so I was takin off the easy stuff and see where I stood with the cold and good weather! I was throughly impressed with. I dont consider what I did mods.. I would call them MINOR tweaks to the STOCK vehicle. I am now wonderin how much lower I can get w/o any major mods. The only things I would consider major from what I am doin is shorter belt and removin the air filter for better air flow. And by no means am I mad or anything.. I just talk/ type with alot of exclamation marks and stuff. So my fault on that for those of you that dont know me... anyways i will try to get the slips posted up and go back soon with the other stuff and see if I can get any lower? Then after my neon project is up and running again (SOOOO CLOSE), it will be time to start on the truck and build it up simliar to 450hemi

#23 ·
Yeah dont worry about that street trim crap, I run around on the street with most of my so called "track mods" anyway. Only thing I do when I get to the track is put on intake and shortbelt. I can run 13.8's in "my street trim", lol So would it make sense to pay that money and not do the other two mods and run 13.6's? NO! I am glad to race people at the track who dont know how to prep for the track. The ones who prep for the track are the faster guys, take hemi450 for example. Why would he want to go run at the track on 22's at full weight? When his truck has alot more potential?
You need to get those 60fts down and add intake, cutouts, and programmer. You should be 13's then if you can hook. I ran 14.9 stock in 90* weather on 20's, so you are starting close to where I started. Nice times, now start modding and keep prepping for the track when you are at the track.

#24 ·
rdhemi345 said:
Yeah dont worry about that street trim crap, I run around on the street with most of my so called "track mods" anyway. Only thing I do when I get to the track is put on intake and shortbelt. I can run 13.8's in "my street trim", lol So would it make sense to pay that money and not do the other two mods and run 13.6's? NO! I am glad to race people at the track who dont know how to prep for the track. The ones who prep for the track are the faster guys, take hemi450 for example. Why would he want to go run at the track on 22's at full weight? When his truck has alot more potential?
You need to get those 60fts down and add intake, cutouts, and programmer. You should be 13's then if you can hook. I ran 14.9 stock in 90* weather on 20's, so you are starting close to where I started. Nice times, now start modding and keep prepping for the track when you are at the track.
We are gonna suprise alot of people when you come race with me here at HRP...Most people around here are not used to seeing Dodge trucks go as fast as we are going now!!

#25 ·
I know man, the chevy guys at the track tell me that. "Man my buddies hemi is slow it runs 16's" lol Hopefully we can catch some cool weather when I come down. I want to try and have my 17's and headers before I come, maybe I can get some 13.5's. What day would be best? Friday or Sunday? Either way I have to take off of work.

#26 ·
rdhemi345 said:
yeah thats cool man.. I appreciate the comments! and in full street trim if I could have cut a 2.0 60ft I should have been high 14's in 80* weather. So to go 14.6 is just completely suprising, especially to not have any mods what so ever as far as aftermarket goes!

I am still curious about that belt thing... yall say you just power the waterpump? what about the alternator? I am still gonna try that and a few other things and see how much lower I can get my times with a little cooler and better weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.