DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New alarm with remote start

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  THEGAME22193 
#1 ·
Howdy all. Just wanted to let you guys know that I got a new security system with remote start install. Here it is: http://www.shelbyautosecurity.com/ Click on remote start systems and mine is the CS-750R. One question that I do have is, is there any way to disable the factory alarm? It's just a pain in the azz having the factory with the shelby setup. Any idea?

I'm also getting ready to put in a different head unit and a couple more headrest monitors for the second row. I'll try to get some pics up when it's done.

#2 ·
How much did the remote start run you and what was install/labor like?

#4 ·
The alarm/remote start installed was around $650. A little pricey but I wanted it done correctly. If I remember correctly, the bypass module doesn't disable the sentry alarm the way I need it to. I want the whole damn thing to go away, buy, according to my dealer, it can't be done. I asked them why I can't disable a crappy alarm system and he got a little pissed. Oh well.

#5 ·
THE people that install your alarm if they are professionals they should know how to disable your factory alarm . it can be done but is tricky . the sentry system has to receive 12V & ign .when your disarm or un lock with the aftermarket remote . a few relays needed and is done . this vehicle is not like the others it does not have a wire that will disarm just the fac. alarm .

again it is not easy , but it can be done .

#6 · (Edited)
For $599, I had an alarm installed. It will remote start, raise and lower the front windows, raise and lower the garage door (from the key fob), turn on the rear defog (seperate function from key fob).
The windows are the "coolest" thing about it in the summer. Hot car, lower the windows when you are still 500 yards away.
The remote start rocks in the winter, but man, it *sucks* down the mileage!
Also included with that price was a back-up radar, since I can not see shit when backing up with a dirty D on a dark night.

All the above with professional installation, *soldered* connections, and lifetime warrenty!

All in all, I feel I got a smoking bargin.
I used to this kinda work myself, but the matrix wiring in this thing intimidated me for the windows.

It is a DEI unit.

#7 ·
[QUOTE

All in all, I feel I got a smoking bargin.
I used to this kinda work myself, but the matrix wiring in this thing intimidated me for the windows.

It is a DEI unit.[/QUOTE]

so you do not have the same problem? IndyHemi is having to deactivate the factory alarm with the factory remote (in the key) and then using the other remote .if that is the case , if you can give the # from the professionals who installed yours, so IndyHemi can give the info to his professionals and do the job correctly. Because you should not have to use two remotes .

#9 ·
The people that installed it are United Radio. This is the same company that does repairs on a national level of all the major car makers electronic goodies like gauge clusters, etc.
I have to apologize, I perhaps am guilty of thread jacking. My D did not have the factory alarm, or the sentry. The upshot for me was that I got to lose the fat key head and have a "regular" key.
But as far as interfacing, they probably have an answer. 12volt.com has a lot of good techies on their forum that may be able to answer your question, or perhaps even just searching the forum there may take care of it?
http://209.238.89.122/Automotive/auto_main.asp
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_topics.asp?FID=2

#11 ·
Ok, when I use the remote start to start the suv, I can use the dei remote to unlock the car and get in, no alarm. If I unlock the suv without starting with the remote start, I must use the factory key fob to unlock the car along with the dei unlock. Basically, if I don't start it remotely, I must hit the dei unlock, then, the factory unlock. If I don't hit the factory unlock, the stock alarm goes off.

#12 · (Edited)
IndyHemi said:
Ok, when I use the remote start to start the suv, I can use the dei remote to unlock the car and get in, no alarm. If I unlock the suv without starting with the remote start, I must use the factory key fob to unlock the car along with the dei unlock. Basically, if I don't start it remotely, I must hit the dei unlock, then, the factory unlock. If I don't hit the factory unlock, the stock alarm goes off.
the trick is to send ACC & ignition at the same time you unlock with the DEI remote that way it reads the key that is already in the D and it disarms the factory alarm . then when you open your doors it severs the power going to those wires . it is a bit complicated to explain . when i first did my D it took me almost 5 hours to figure just that part ,because at that time and still nobody had or has any info on how to deactivate the stock alarm. i was also installing a door key pad (as you can see on my garage).i think , if i talk to one of the people who installed your i may be able to explain to them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.