DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarm / Kill Switch / Remote Start for D?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  alextaylor29 
#1 ·
Guys question for you. Does the Durango come with some sort of alarm system? I have the Limited (not sure if that matters).

I only ask because we've had a lot of vehicle thefts of trucks where I live (AZ has one of the highest theft rate for trucks and SUVs because once they're stolen, then just drive them over the boarder and they're gone.)

Literally 6 houses down, a guys for truck was stolen out of his driveway about a week ago. I live in a new development on a golf course for Christ's sake but I park the D in the driveway as I have a home gym in the garage.

So I was thinking of doing an aftermarket alarm along with some sort of kill switch. Additionaly I have been thinking of doing the remote start because it's so hot here. It would be killer to start the D up 5 minutes before heading out so it's icy cold with the AC going before you even sit in it.

So I'm looking for advice as to how to better protect my D.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I got a full boat system installed for about 5 or 6 hundred. It raises/lowers windows, garage door, remote start, and backup radar. I normally do it myself, but after looking at the service manuals/schematics, I thought better of it. Everything is resistance/matrix controlled, not the old belt and suspenders stuff.

#3 ·
OK thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.