DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge Key and V-Dub Key together!?!?!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  TREP R/T 
#1 · (Edited)
Well guys my dad gave my lil brother a flip out key fob from a VW beatle, they company couldn't find the car so he gave it to my lil brother, well when i saw the key i took it for me cause im gonna try and make my dodge key flip out like the VW one does, so what im going to attemp is to cut off the VW key and cut off a copy of mine and have it welded to the flip piece, this will hopefully be done this week because i dont have a welder to weld them together.... here are some pics of the VW key fob im going to use and my key!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
so all the lock/unlock buttons wont work?

#5 ·
Keep in mind that on your ignition the plastic part of the dodge key actually goes inside about 3/8". Might make it tough to use the flip key without modifying the ignition.

#6 ·
that will be really cool if you get that to work, I love those flip keys too.

#7 ·
pappy said:
What about the chip in the key?
I dont have a chip key for my ram, mine is not a sentry key! But thanks for asking!

MadMike05 said:
so all the lock/unlock buttons wont work?
Not that i know of, im thinking of taking apart it to see if i could modify a dodge remote to work with the buttons, but first i will have to get keyless entry before i do that!

dieselracer said:
Keep in mind that on your ignition the plastic part of the dodge key actually goes inside about 3/8". Might make it tough to use the flip key without modifying the ignition.
I'll have to go take a look and see thanks for the tip!

bobem12 said:
that will be really cool if you get that to work, I love those flip keys too.
Yea me too i saw the remote and was like can i make my key work with this! This stupid fob got my creative juices flowing!

#9 ·
#11 ·
I think the Crossfire keys are exactly the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.