DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1979 w200 front axle

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  stewart19777 
#1 ·
I have a 1979 w200 4x4. It has fulltime 4wheel drive and i would like to convert from the stock axle hubs to having lockout hubs that i can disengage. I am sure there is a conversion but I do not know of one. Could someone help me out on this? Thanks!

#2 ·
well theres not really a kit but i have done it and its not that hard. All you really need is a donor axle with the hub you want. I have a 79 also and i just swtiched from the knuckles out. I used a 79 chebby axle for the hubs and knucles . The only problem i had was that it was a corp 10 bolt front not a 44, so i had to shorten the steering arm for alignment proposses. everything was a easy flop. had to also get differnt bolts for line to caliper on brakes. You can also use just about any 44 front end i just bought a complete dodge one out of a about 87 dodge so i can go back to a full dodge set up

#5 ·
ive seen them and what is the point of useing them when it cheaper and easier to switch your knuckles, becuase them you dont have to take it to a shop to have the bearings pressed every time the go out. I blew the bearing in mine twice before switching and at about 200 for the bearing it was cheaper to go my way and less headace when the bearing go out
just my thoughts on the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.