DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

death wobble and floaty front end

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  89gtcs 
#1 ·
okay, heres what i got going on, i have a 2004 ram 2500 (gasser) it has about 195k on it, i replaced my tires, steering stablizer and got an alignment and im still getting the death wobble but now to add to the issues my front end feels really floaty now that i got an alignment done. anybody have some suggestions on what could fix it? much appreciated!

#6 ·
control arms, what kind of 3/4 you got? :thatfunny hubs, steering linkage, ball joints or trac bar, got to find out which is worn out.

#4 ·
Would check trac bar, pitman, and sector shaft for slop. ... orrrr, maybe they left something loose!!

#5 ·
We have wear all around so tonight I order all four control arms LOADED from RockAuto.com plus new outer tie rod ends. It was about $400 for the parts but with the new shocks and stabilizer bar parts this will give the truck a new front suspension that is beefier than OEM. It is for my son to drive to college so should an accident occur I want to know I did my best to make sure the steering control is top knoch.

Another reason is the old tires are cupping some on the edges so I want it tight and aligned before buying a new set of tires. He would like to move to a set of the Ram 20" rim that was a factory option for 2002.

#7 ·
Best bet for death wobble is to rebuild the entire front end...even small amounts of play can cause it. If you're doing it yourself, great...if not, take it to a reputable 4x4 shop and have them go over it with a fine-tooth comb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.