DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasti dipped ram chrome

10K views 42 replies 28 participants last post by  NJRamFreak 
#1 ·
Alright so I am undertaking a project today and plasti dipping all the chrome on my truck just because I am not a huge chrome fan and heard awesome things about plasti dip. Anyone had good luck with it? Will post pics when done.

#3 ·
i love that red/black combo! looks so TOUGH!

#7 ·
Looks good I also did mine I even did my exhaust tips

#8 ·
Looks really good, I agree with the red/black theme really making it look tough.

Only criticism...the plasti-dip on the HEMI emblem makes it so you can't really read it....I'd either debadge the sides or move the RAM portion to where the HEMI emblem is and take the 1500 off.

#10 ·
Looks good. I want to do this to my rims how hard was it?

#12 ·
I've had mine done for 6 months, no issues with peeling or it coming off.

Love the look of the grill, with the black honeycomb, it definitely makes the front end.

You could try just taking the PD off the Hemi emblem, see how that looks.

#15 ·
Plasti-Dip is magic! I love the stuff. Truck came out great!

#18 ·
Looks good! I like it! Though I have been known to like the red and black myself...

I did the same thing with my wheels and my bumpers. Plasti-dipped them to give me a good idea how they will look. I am going to spray my bumpers with bedliner here shortly.

The key with the plasti-dip is to put it on thick. 1. Easier to remove. 2. Holds up 10X longer!

Love the truck man!! Makes me want to get a 4th Gen!

#19 ·
GREAT. now I know what my truck will look like. I really like the red/chrome but an debating on black. I just dont like the front end plastidipped. To me it just covers it and hides it. That flame red matched front end looks sick as it is, I couldnt cover that up, but to each his own. the rest looks sweet

#20 ·
I have mineral grey and cover all of my Chrome also, didn't like how hemi badge turned out so cut part off that says 5.7 and put hemi on the hood. Haven't had any major issues with peeling, some on the Sharp corners of letters but blame that on myself for not adding enough coats to them. Got impatient of how it would look.

#22 ·
I love the grill but for some reason I'm not feeling the wheels. Just way to dark makes it like there's nothing there to stand out. But that's my taste I would have left setting chrome on it or had a red center cap or something lol

#25 ·
I put tape around everything about an inch from the emblem and got some good layers and just peeled it back and it broke right a the emblem edges. Wheels I just put bags behind them on rotors and sprayed good layers around rim lip on tire and just peeled it off the tire

#26 ·
Congrats !! You just devalued your truck! why why whyyyy do people paint everything! Just leave it alone or buy new black wheels,

#27 ·
Myself like others on here have families, mortgages, and a week salary. I cannot personally justify spending money on some rims when I can spend $20 in spray cans and do it.

And how does this hurt the value? At all? I like the look and as soon as it warms up here I will be doing the same. "It hurts the value"....blah blah blah. Then don't do it to yours. Oh and when he or I want to sell the truck someone may be willing to pay a little more for the custom look and if not...wait for this....it will blow your mind......you take it off! Wowzer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.