DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

oil bath air cleaner mod

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  moe7404 
#1 ·
moe in wichita ks some time ago i stumbled across a site this guy was working on a post war dodge truck, flat head engine with one of those very tall oil bath air cleaner. he found a tall dry air cleaner element, he cut some off of the center piece to put the element inside. cant tell form the out side. my question does anyone know the url. moe7404@att.net

#2 ·
K&N oil bath cleaners are a replacement aftermarket air cleaner Moe. They work just like the old 40's and 50's cars. Oil is suspended in between surgical cotton. This traps airborne particulate matter,(dirt), through the pleats but allows airflow to pass thru cleaned of this dirt. You can stack them or get them up to 6" wide. They are used on dirt track racers and sprint cars around these here parts.

#4 ·
moe in wichita ks thanks guys that is truly a good colection of air cleaners. but iam tooling for a air cleaner use from the end of ww2 to about 1955. they had no elament just a big round and tall deal that clamped to the carb. in two parts the air comes in the top goes down and turns the corner, the dirt keeps going and slams into the oil at the bottom, and "clean air" goes on into the engine. somewhere i saw a mod where this guy cut part of the inside part, that gives room for a dry elament. when i say oil bath , it means there realy is about a qt oil in the cleaner. but i cant remember where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.