DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABS & Brake Light on, ABS Pump/Motor running

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  signs 
#1 ·
Hello All
I started my 2000 Dodge 1500 Pickup today and the ABS & Brakes Light came on and stayed on. I also heard a noise coming from under the hood. The ABS pump/motor is on and running and will not shut off. When I turned the truck off the pump is still running. I disconnected the battery and the pump shut off, but when I reconnected the battery the pump came on and is still running. The only way I could turn it off was to remove the ABS fuse from under the hood. It would not turn off when I removed the fuse from the inside of the truck.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

:help: Signguy

#2 ·
There may be a relay for the ABS module/pump. It could be stuck in "closed" position which would keep the pump running. Or it may be the pump assembly itself.

#3 ·
You can also try disconnecting the BAt. for a couple minutes and see if the light comes back on. Start the truck to initiate start sequence through the comp. Have you had any erratic braking lately? If there is a fault in the ABS system one or more of the parts have failed. Maybe it is your pump....Good luck

#4 ·
ABS Problems

I did disconnect the battery, but when I connected the battery the ABS pump/motor is still running it will not shut off. The only way I could shut it off so it did not drain my battery was to remove the abs fuse from under the hood.

Breaks have not given me a problem. One mechanic told me just leave the fuse out and forget about it but the abs & break light on in the dash drive me nuts...

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.