DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealer work not showing up with Mopar Records

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  -Arana- 
#1 ·
You may want to compare the work the dearler has done to your truck and what is listed as work done on the Dodge Owners web site.

I've had my truck to the dealer over the last two years for regular maintainance, a few warranty service items, and the 12K or 15K (Don't remember) servicing.

Anyway, I went to the Dodge owners site and the only work listed as being done to my truck was the very first oil change. There's a warning flag for my vehicle saying that it's way past serving (12k miles).

It may not be a big deal, but I'd hate to have dodge say I've been missing the scheduled maintaince if something big goes wrong with the truck. I save all receipts from the dealer for work done, but I wanted to have a record with Dodge for the problems that the dealer says they couldn't replicate (ie "Customer complains of knocking noise in engine", "Customer says shifting is erratic" etc)

#3 ·
"They" as in Dodge or "they" as in the dealership you dealt with?

#4 ·
I did a carfax run on my truck a few months ago and all of my work was listed on the carfax site. My work was done at a Chevy dealer where I purchased my truck.

#6 ·
I am surprised you got the Dodge owners page to work for you. Mine says system unavailable to add vehicle but somehow my Avenger is there but almost a month after I purchased my 12 I cannot add it to my garage. I call them and email the support center everyday and they keep saying make sure your login and password is correct. Until they fix my issue I guess they will have to deal with my bad surveys. Sorry to Hijack the thread but it may be the owners page malfunctioning which it does everyday and does not miss a beat.

#8 ·
Seems like your that 1 in 10 that has a good dealer!
New dealer always try to buy over customers btw. Like you said if one is bad find another,well I did just that and at first they were great! Probably due to me being new to them. Second visit not so good and third has me wondering if I ever go back!
Anyway glad u got good dealer , hard to come across one lol
And no I did not ask anyone! I'm just going by what is real, i browse a few dodge forums and 1 out of 10 average is happy with their dealer and most are afraid to take their trucks in for warranty work lol. If you don't think so that's fine .. Who cares? It is what it is.

#13 ·
Same here.

FWIW - you can add service dates to your record online. Especially if you did it yourself or at another non-dealer shop.

As far as warranty concerns, I wouldn't worry about what is online so long as you have your service invoices that show all work that has been done. Or if you do it yourself receipts showing the purchase of oil, coolant, filter, etc.

#16 ·
Dealer issues are not just dodge. It happens with all brands. I have dealt with it with Ford, Hyundai, and a few more. I had to deal with them with my old work's company cars.

#17 ·
i work in service at rockwall dodge, they guys there know there stuff and fix it all no questions asked. The one thing ive been seeing a lot of is people bringing in stuff for one problem, and arguing with us when we tell them how to fix it and they seem to think they know more, and leave unhappy.

#18 ·
Well I leave unhappy due to new dent , oil on carpet , open rad lid, oil half full, oil on door handle, oil jug caps left under hood. Still trying to get oil out my carpet. All this just from last visit for a simple oil change!!!
I noticed the dent next day , guessing im on my own..
How's that for dodge service, how in the world can I get them to do actuall real work?

#19 ·
Pickup a wrench and do it yourself. Save some money while ur at it too.

The crap I saw from my lubeshop days in highschool keep me from allowing idiots(not all of them are) from doing simple maintenance on my truck.

#21 ·
My dealership is very helpful they actually care

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.