DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor Performance after battery disconnect

867 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kenihemi 
#1 ·
DT Members need your help....last week the battery tray looked ugly dirt leaves etc sooo I disconnected the battery, removed it and cleaned everything this was about a 15-20 min time frame. when I hooked everything back up went out for a cruise seems like I lost performance 1st I had TSB done to the trans at the delaership awhile ago. By me disconnecting both battery cables will that remove that TSB FLASH from the trans......2nd vehicle doesnt seem like its getting full throttle ..like holding back...Thanks everyone for your feedback.. :gr_patrio

#2 ·
Disconnecting your battery will not erase the flash for your transmission. That is stored in the PCM powertrain control module. As far as the battery goes, give it a solid week and you will be fine. It basically relearns all obd2 info for your driving and sets the parameters for the trans, engine, etc... I have found that after I have disconnected the battery if you get on er, obeying speed limits (of course) that it will tend to run a little fatter than if you grannied it. Hope this makes sense.

#3 ·
Yeap I agree w/hemi1569, Give her at least 200 miles to re-learn. The problem with the adaptive memory is for the fact that when you erase the memory it starts off in a basic tune... and only after a few hundred miles does it fine tune itself for your driving conditions. This is why sometimes your truck feels like a monster one day and like it cant get out of its own way the next...

Resetting the memory does seem to make them run better, thats way I reset my PCM every oil change.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

#4 ·
I don't think that disconnecting the battery will reset the pcm at all, not even the temporary learning memory.

It certainly won't erase a flash.

To reset temp parameters you leave the battery connected, pull the pcm fuse, turn key to start and hold until you hear a chime or wait for a second chime. Make sure to buckle the driver seat belt first to get rid of those chimes.

The first chime is the pcm reset, the second is the tcm.

For example, if you have a cel and code. Disconnecting the battery will not get rid of them. But the way above will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.