DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

9/17/09 RAM HD 2500 and 3500 Q&A Session

40K views 144 replies 14 participants last post by  DodgeEngineers 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
THIS THREAD WILL BE OPENED TO QUESTIONS ON Thursday, 9/17/09 @ 5:30PM EST.

Ram HD 2500 and 3500 Engineering Event Participation Guidelines:

• Direct your questions to the DodgeEngineer team
  • Allow the DodgeEngineer team to supply the answers (no member discussions here)
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the 2010 Dodge Ram HD 2500 and 3500. Off-topic posts run the risk of being removed by forum moderators
  • No Chit-Chat. If you have something to say to another member, we ask that you communicate via PM or within another thread discussion.
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeat questions
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions and be as brief and clear as possible
  • Questions are not answered in order of post; so allow time for a response
  • We can’t answer questions regarding Specific Dealer concerns or Future Products
  • We’ll do our best to help, but we are not always able to diagnose specific vehicle issues over the internet
  • We cannot answer overall business questions relative to Chrysler Group LLC.

See less See more
#43 ·
Will the megacab be available with a longbed?

#56 ·
The maintenance schedule is not any more complicated or exspensive than it was for 2008 or 2009. Fuel filter is actually easier to change than it was in the past it is now a top load catridge that can be changed without raising the vehicle or getting under the vehicle. The exhaust filter or DPF if allowed to do regens is self maintaining.

#54 ·
I would love to have a second battery on a gas rig, is that a practical option to make make available..?

Are you ever going to offer Manual ft Hubs..?

#85 ·

TIRE AVAILABILITY
2500 Availability
LT245/70R17E BSW All Season tires Std - - - - - ST
LT245/70R17E BSW On/Off Road tires Opt - - - - - ST
LT265/70R17E BSW All Season tires Std - - - - -SLT, Laramie and Mega 4x2
LT265/70R17E BSW On/Off Road tires Std - - - - - Mega 4x4
LT265/70R17E OWL On/Off Road tires Opt - SLT, Laramie, Mega, Std on TRX
LT285/70R17E BSW All Terrain tires Std - - - - Powerwagon

3500 Single Rear Wheel Availability
LT265 / 70R17E BSW All Season tires Std - - - - ST, SLT, and Laramie
LT265 / 70R17E OWL On/Off Road tires Optional - - - - ST, SLT, Laramie

3500 Dual Rear Wheel Availability
LT235 / 80R17E BSW All Season tires Std - - - - ST, SLT, and Laramie
LT235 / 80R17E OWL On/Off Road tires Opt - - - - ST, SLT, and Laramie

#67 ·
I carry a Lance Cabover Camper on my 05', will the new HD have a Camper certificate.?

#68 ·
What will the Warranty be on the HD's

#71 ·
How about a PTO option..?

#72 ·
Can you speak on the rumor of the 6.4L Hemi?

#94 ·
I got a dually w/ a 4.10 axle towing what you recommend and I'm burning my trans out here in the west on the grades. What's going on?
If your trans temp is too high, it's likely due to the duty cycle you are running the truck at. Is your weight greater than the rated GCVW? Are you towing at low speeds or doing repetitive launches on grades?

If you are towing at reasonable speeds (say, 40-45 mph or greater), then your torque converter clutch should be engaging, which will greatly reduce the heat generated within the trans system. If, however, you are towing at low speeds (15-20 mph) on steep grades, where the TCC is not engaging, that can result in trans overheat. If your truck is a 4x4, I'd recommend driving in 4LO range when you're on steep grades at low speeds. That will allow the TCC to engage and will greatly reduce your trans temp. Otherwise, adding an auxiliary trans cooler would be a good idea.

#88 ·
I really think you need to be more competive with the Ford Super Duty. They offer everything I've asked for here. Dual batteries, Flat load floors, PTO's, Factory spray in bed liners, power outlets in the bed, available manual ft Hubs & Camper certificates add up to Truck status, so far you've offered a rough riding car...I love my Ram, but....really guys, at this point it still sounds like 3rd place is the best you'll ever achieve

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.