DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Goodies II

1K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Bubba_Hemi 
#1 ·
Here's what I finished up today...

I've had the switches for the lights just chillin under the release lever for the e-brake... had been putting off any mounting solutions till everything i planned on mounting was done. However with everything coming up... I know that won't be happening. So instead, I just mounted what I had planned for.

Left to right: Driving Lights, Fog Lights, NX Purge, NX On/Off and NX Bottle Heater

After thinking about it for more than 20 minutes yesterday... I figured out all the switches I had planned. Then after it was all in and went into town... I forgot one... the rocker for the cutout. Oh well... I can just make another one. For that one, the rocker will go in the center and the purge will go between and below the two on the right.

Oh, and not pictured (will get one tomorrow) I also painted the louvers in the A/C Vents.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That is a hell of a clean install!!! A+++!!

#5 ·
Really smooth, any thoughts on changing that leopard print bezel???

#6 ·
LMAO!! Don't know what they were thinking when they pulled that off on the 06's

#9 ·
Very clean Bubba. I agree that the Burlwood look has got to go!

#10 ·
gc714 said:
Really smooth, any thoughts on changing that leopard print bezel???
The wood grain and the headlights used to be my two reasons why I'd never get an '06... now after driving it every day, it's actually growing on me. it helps too that I picked up the bezel I did and replaced the bland one the truck came with.

#11 ·
waldershrek said:
Looks awesome man! How long did that take you?
It took awhile... but only because of the look I kept trying to go for. It's a piece of plexi glass that I painted on the back side to help make the look pop and stand out when looked at. The combination of finger print grease or a scrath or something else is what made it take so long. It's not like normal where another layer of paint can be added to cover it up... and can't be sanded down and started over.

Overall... I cut 4 pieces using a blade to make the pieces and dremel for the holes... that itself wasn't even really an hour. But the painting and time between and the cussin as a result... added a couple hours.

#12 ·
I think it looks sweet. I wouldn't even mess with it and bother making another one. LOL I would mount the cut out switch to the inside of the cubby. Tucked up on the inner left wall, I have seen a few people do this. Its inconspicuous and wont mess with your clean flow.

KB

#13 ·
I agree 100% with KB, you have got a clean uniform look now, I wouldn't mess it up. I like symmetry

#14 ·
Think it'd really mess it up by putting the purge button between the others? Guess I'll need to wait till i get the switch and can get a better visual then.

Here's the A/C Panels...

Attachments

#15 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
The wood grain and the headlights used to be my two reasons why I'd never get an '06... now after driving it every day, it's actually growing on me. it helps too that I picked up the bezel I did and replaced the bland one the truck came with.
I did not mind the headlights as much as the #$%^&) wood grain, but like bubba_hemi said, after driving for a little over a month now it is kinda growing on me.

Looks very sharp bubba_hemi very clean :rck:

#16 ·
All looks good!

#17 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
Here's what I finished up today...

I've had the switches for the lights just chillin under the release lever for the e-brake... had been putting off any mounting solutions till everything i planned on mounting was done. However with everything coming up... I know that won't be happening. So instead, I just mounted what I had planned for.

Left to right: Driving Lights, Fog Lights, NX Purge, NX On/Off and NX Bottle Heater

After thinking about it for more than 20 minutes yesterday... I figured out all the switches I had planned. Then after it was all in and went into town... I forgot one... the rocker for the cutout. Oh well... I can just make another one. For that one, the rocker will go in the center and the purge will go between and below the two on the right.

Oh, and not pictured (will get one tomorrow) I also painted the louvers in the A/C Vents.
Nice work! :tup:

And you don't have any pics of your truck in the Gallery yet?!?!

#18 ·
lol it's sad... I haven't done anything with the entire folder of pix I have of it. I'm still trying to figure out it's "name" before I do anything with them all.

#19 ·
Ol Blue? LOL

KB

Your My Boy Blue!!!

#20 ·
Very nice setup!

#21 ·
oh man I love that setup. Let me know how well the 06 likes that giggle juice.

#23 ·
05Dakota said:
oh man I love that setup. Let me know how well the 06 likes that giggle juice.
It'll be awhile... I was planning on doing it and other mods, but Uncle Sam is sending me off to Japan for 2 years... so I won't be doing anyhting to it really before I leave in Feb. Plus then... I'm trying to figure out if I'm even gonna want it after sitting for so long. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.