DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transmission Gets Stuck At 40MPH Under WOT

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Gale Hawkins 
#1 ·
So I bought a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 and the transmission won't shift when at WOT, it gets stuck at 40mph. If I let go of the pedal a bit and floor it again, it's good. Any ideas what the problem can be? Otherwise, at part-throttle the transmission goes through all the gears just fine/drives fine. It's my wife's truck so I'm trying to fix it for her.

I'm thinking the shift solenoids/governor sensor/solenoid pack but I'm really that not good at diagnosing transmissions.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
engine and trans type please

#3 ·
It's 4.7 with 45rfe but I changed the tcm to make it a 545rfe (extra gear)....it didn't solve the problem.

#4 ·
Our new to us 2002 Ram 1500 with 360 magnum will do the same thing at 50 MPH if I hold it hard on the floor but will shift OK on the floor but not standing on it. I guess it is a linkage thing but it is a non issue since I do not drive that way. We did the bucket flush last night to do a ATF change out and it does seem to shift a bit smoother but the deer are so thick I would not get on it in the dark. We did run Seafoam "TransTune" for 600 miles before doing the ATF fluid change out.

40 MPH is around 4000 RPM's which is a lot for an old truck so why not just let it shift without staying at WOT is what we are going to do. :)

Keep us updated please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.