DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrade to Uconnect Bluetooth and Single DVD Entertainment System

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ric221 
#1 · (Edited)
(did forum search for upgrade replace 130 radio with 430 but found nothing)

Hi,

I currently have the series model 130 radio (RES) with anti-theft but no Bluetooth button:

(see attached thumbnail)

I wish to have two upgrades installed:

- Single DVD Entertainment System (along with model 430 radio and Parkview rearview camera)

- Uconnect Hands-Free System (including wheel, bluetooth function and rearview mirror with microphone)​

Two local dealerships had problems doing this exact upgrade to other customers and weren't able to get all the functions to work properly (the radio also generated codes). The said "Chrysler techs" were unable to help them.

I looked at FactoryChryslerParts and was quickly lost in determining exactly what components are required to accomplish this upgrade:

(Cannot post link to search list)

Any help in determining what assemblies/parts/wiring are required as well as any installation procedures would be greatly appreciated. I do not intend to do this myself, but would like to provide all information to the local dealership so they may do the job properly.

EDIT: I must do this using factory parts only due to court settlement and warranty issues.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Robert

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You will need the MYGIG radio. That's it. The radio has built in UConnect, so you don't need the module or anything. An accessory I got was the lockpick. The lockpicks adds many functions such as viewing cameras while in motion, watching DVDs while in motion, etc. The only bad thing is it is pricey.

#3 ·
what type of vehicle do you drive. mygig units are on e-b*y often. just added one to my ram. just a fyi these units are p&p
the high speed units are priced higher the low speed units most of the time make sure you know which one you need as one won't work in the other. meaning fast 2 fast and slow 2 slow
fast 2 slow = no go

#4 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.