DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd Gen Ram 4x4's - Let's see some pics!!! Part 2

396K views 1K replies 184 participants last post by  spikekid999 
#1 ·
#2 ·
was it a younger woman? they think they own the road & tailgate me all the time with thier crappy ricers.

#3 ·
^^^ What are you rambling about....

#4 ·
about the Honda that ran a red light & hit 360ram14's truck & wrecked his frontend & bumper.

#7 ·
just sayin those small foreign cars seem to tailgate me the most & speed & drive the crappiest. Rarely do i see a truck tailgate or cut me off.

#8 ·
Her van was totaled. My body is fine except the bumper, she hit the wheel so the supension and axle took the hit, along with the rim and tire.

#9 · (Edited)
Here's the last pic of mine. Now it has a new pass door and pass side cab paint, thanks to my carelessness.

#11 ·
Lets just say that in the process of changing the heater core, I managed to impale the pass door of my ram into into the drivers' side fender of my gf's Ranger.

I still don't know why I didn't block my tires. I'm usually very anal about that.

'nuff said.

#13 ·
Took a few updated pics with some new mods, please excuse the dirtiness of my rig.....

New chrome grill, headlights, shocks, damper, ladder bars, 3 Gen badges.

Clean pics taken someplace other than my driveway coming soon. :)

#14 ·
lol like 95% of all my pics since i joined here have been in my driveway.

Contemplating if i should post more pics since its a new thread...
::don't wanna look like a pic whore...or is it too late...::

Someday I'll have some b@d@$$ tires like yours...maybe some Dune Grapplers 315/75/16 (34s)...

How wide are your 315/75 tires?

#15 · (Edited)
Just washed mine up

How wide are your 315/75 tires?
On metric tires, the first number is the section width in millimeters. In this case you'd take the 315 millimeters and divide by 25.4 (25.4 millimeters in one inch) and get 12.4 inches.

#19 ·
i have 16x8 rims on my current tires which are 285/75/16 & they measure 31" tall & the tread is 9" wide...from sidewall to sidewall is about 10".

so going from a 285/75/16 off brand (31") to a 315/75/16 Dune Grapplers (34.57") with these same 16x8 rims will get me about 2.4" wider from sidewall to sidewall & 3.5" taller correct?

#21 ·
Hey Davcruz, your truck is beautifal but I have one question, why put the 3500 badges on if its only a 2500?

#22 ·
Those are 2500 badges, not 3500 badges.

Must not be able to make them out in the pic too well. Although it is "only" a 2500 it is the equivelent of a 3500, it is the 10,000 lb rated 2500. You see the 3500 was only a dually on the 2nd Gen trucks, so you had to get the uprated package on a 2500 to have 1 ton rating with single rear wheels. But they are 2500 badges.

Attachments

#23 ·
Well, you still can't make out the badge in the above pic.

If you go to my gallery and click on the image 2 times it will be native resolution (big ass!) and you can see the badge very well.

#24 ·
Either way, it's a very nice truck. Props.

#25 ·
the calculator says 32.8" for 285/75/16 but i've heard off brand tires & a lot at walmart are made with smaller molds than the same tire at another place. And i have measured it. My tires are about 31". They are sport king ATs (milder BFG AT look a likes).

maybe i've lost it...lol

#32 ·
Thanks, yeah the tires are 37-12.5-17 BFG MT KM2's. Lift is a 5" SJ suspension lift and a 3" PA BL. Looking at the pics I'm thinking my truck needs a bath...stupid road salt, haha.

#33 ·
Thought it wouldn't hurt to add a few more pics to this thread...Here's mine

Attachments

#35 ·
thanks....saving up for a cummins now...

#37 ·
can i play :)

theres more pictures of both in the 2nd gen general talk :D

and yes, i am high centered and stuck in the 3rd picture. the red truck is 97_Red_Ram-we decided to snap some pics today :rck:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.