DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

carpet replacement

920 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GHS 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'd learn the country of origin before buying. I'm betting they are made in China. For a similar price you can get American made (ACC) molded carpets from places like stockinteriors.com.

I've used many ACC carpets over the years and never been disappointed with the service or the quality.

#3 ·
there are interior companies that make carpets that are rubber lined on the bottom for road noise purposes. 150 bucks. i did a google search and found it. cant remember the name of the company. but it turns out that is what is in my truck when i bought it. looks good.

#4 ·
GHS

I checked the stockinterior web site,, looks like good stuff,

do you have experience with the Mass Backing or the
"Automotive Heat, Sound and Noise Insulation"....are these worth the $

I am wanting to reduce the road noise,
I was planning on going the dynomat and lizard skin routeen...

thanks

#5 ·
yes mass backing is what i have in my truck. sorry i wasnt more specific. seems to work well for me. but honestly i have nothing to compare it to since it came in my truck when i bought it.

#6 ·
The first time I restored my '73 in 1991, I ordered a new Mopar carpet for the '91 model. It had the heavy backing and did a good job of silencing noise.

When I restored it again in 2005, I changed the interior color, so I needed a new carpet. At the same time, I applied a generic version of Dynamat to all the interior sheet metal, including the floor and ceiling. Mopar no longer made carpets for the older trucks, so I installed ACC carpet on the floor and ordered their matching stock to carpet behind the seats and the lower portion of the doors.

All those changes made the truck nearly as quiet as a modern Ram. Only some wind noise around the doors remains, and I haven't yet figured a way to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.