DodgeTalk Forum banner

power wagon locker light question

27K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  *Colt1911Match* 
#1 ·
Just purchased 05 pw with 80000 miles. Other day the service 4wd kight came on and rr light flashes. It turned off for few days ,and now has been on for a week. I looked around at other posts but was hoping for info on my exact issue. thank you

#36 ·
Well I read through all these posts and my situation is I bought my 08' PW used and my front\rear axle lock light has always blinked orange. I take it it's suppose to go to green when engaged? Does the green unlocked light turn off when locked? I checked the connections and lube'd them up and no change. Short of taking it in to the dealer any ideas? Last question...When you bought your PW did it come with a owners manual that read 2008 Ram Truck? when I got my truck it didn't have a manual so a guy grabbed one from a 08' 2500 Ram. I have been looking through it and there are things on the PW that it doesn't cover like the axle lock etc...:gr_patrio

#37 ·
Well I read through all these posts and my situation is I bought my 08' PW used and my front\rear axle lock light has always blinked orange. I take it it's suppose to go to green when engaged? Does the green unlocked light turn off when locked? I checked the connections and lube'd them up and no change. Short of taking it in to the dealer any ideas? Last question...When you bought your PW did it come with a owners manual that read 2008 Ram Truck? when I got my truck it didn't have a manual so a guy grabbed one from a 08' 2500 Ram. I have been looking through it and there are things on the PW that it doesn't cover like the axle lock etc...:gr_patrio
For 2005: It is a Power Wagon specific owner's manual. Lots of information on the four-wheel drive system and winch!

#38 ·
The Green light goes out and the FR is supposed to be solid Orange. When you engage both front and rear, the FR/RR light will be solid Orange........;)

#41 ·
Yeah, whatever !!! LOL :D

#44 · (Edited)
Of course! I'm gonna go to the dealer and tell them to order me a POWER WAGON manuel! I have a lifetime warranty on it and I'm sure there's info on maintenence in it thats not in the current one. Dealerships are such A**H***S! This dealership has a '07 PW on their lot so I went on the website to check it out and they have it listed as a Ram 2500 with no mention of a PW. I'll most likely end up buying the manuel!
Well the light stays green (unlocked) even when I go to lock em in and the orange light flashes and I never hear it engage. I've put it in 4lo & 4hi drove slowly around and no engaging. Stealership here I come!

#48 ·
Hi just wandering if anyone has come up with a plug and play method to bypass the lockers? know guys have been hard wiring past the smart bar but i'm not very electrical inclined. thanks
Yes. It depends on the year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#49 ·
front locker wont disengage

Hi so im having similar issues with my 2005 power wagon, the locker light flashes rr, but solid like on fr/rr. Doesnt matter if in two wheel or four, the front locker wont disengage. Rear locker isnt locked. Anyone have any idea how i can it to unlock? Any help at all would be appreciated

Attachments

#51 ·
Was pulling landscape trailer the other day and service 4WD came on . Could feel the left front pulling a bit so I checked wheel and it was hot . Rubber line had collapsed from inside and would not let brakes release also used E brake that day and it was hanging up .

Replaced line and freed up E Brake cable Light went out tested lockers 4Wheel low and high on trails and drove on highway . light has stayed off since . Seems like extra strain put light on for some reason .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.