DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post a picture of your tow rig

146K views 433 replies 172 participants last post by  sunshine_flip 
#1 ·
I would like to see people's towing set up; gas, diesel, doesn't matter. Post a picture of your 4th gen ram and the outfit you're towing with it. Here's mine.

See less See more
#4 ·
^ nice!

#5 ·
Man, that sucker is big and nice.

#11 ·
Here's another tow rig picture. Same Ram 3500 as in my other pics, but towing a 2010 Jeep Rubicon. The Ram gets used to towing the toy hauler, and then doesn't even know the Jeep is behind it when it gets to tow the Jeep.

#101 ·
I like that one do you have any inside pics?

#15 ·
Thats a nice little toy hauler though. The graphics look sharp, and I really like the aluminum wheels. Wish I would have got aluminum wheels with mine. It is 6 years old now, and the chrome wheels are becoming more of a battle each year to keep the rust off of.

#16 ·
Pulling my toybox and bringing my 51 Dodge home

Attachments

#18 ·
The trailer is a 37' Dune Chaser, by Mckenzie. GVWR for the trailer is 17,000 lbs. This is the third diesel truck I have towed this trailer with. The first was a 2005 Duramax, then a 2007 Duramax, and now this 2010 Cummins 6.7. I think the 6.7 Cummins does the best job towing of the three trucks. It has the most low end grunt, stays in top gear longer, and just feels more like it is really meant to pull that hard all day long, day in, day out, for as long as you need it to. It handles the grades well, and has never run too hot. I'm going to be towing a friends Jeep to California and back (1000 miles round trip) on Monday, and temps are predicted to be 113 to 122 along the way. Should be a good trip.

#20 ·
i'm gonna look like a bum with my towing pic but what the hell we need more tow pics lol btw i want a nice toy hauler but non 5th wheel, taking donations now :D

Attachments

#21 ·
I love it!

I've wanted to get an older one, not do much to the outside, but totally modernize and remodel the innards!

I don't even have anything to tow, so you got 1UP on me :D

#22 ·
Here is the only pic I have of my Tow Pig.

Attachments

#24 ·
Nice LJ. How's that Ram 1500 do towing it? I'll bet it does just fine.

My Ram 3500 just got to deliver a built up JK to Placerville, CA today. It was a 1000 mile round trip, and 118 degrees outside when going through the desert. The 6.7 Cummins is a stud :rck:.

#25 ·
Pulls it just fine. Did a long trip from So. Cal to Lake Tahoe (Rubicon) a year or so ago without any problems at all. Even made it up Monitor Pass (Highway 89) with sections of the road that are up to 8% grade! I don't think i would try that again as it was pretty slow going and the trans was constantly shifting between 1 and 2, but i was impressed nonetheless. Kingsbury grade was a much better pull going home. :)

#27 ·
here is mine

Attachments

#28 ·
wow, how well does it tow all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.