DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Lamp Out" Indicator Light

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  KB112 
#1 ·
Peeps,

One of those expensive azz Silverstar Supers blew today while I was driving. In turn, my "Lamp Out" indicator light came on. I immeadiately replaced the bulb with another Silverstar Super and the indicator light didn't go off. Even after starting and stopping the vehicle several times and turning the headlights on and off several times the indicator light is still on. I couldn't find anything in the Owner's Manual to tell me how to turn the light off. Does anyone know how to disengage this indicator light?

#2 ·
I'd jsut say make sure it's hooked up and working. If so... roll by the dealership.

#3 ·
Do you have to reset after that?

#4 ·
I didn't... when I was swapping everythign with my trucks, I did the lights too. I still had the toolbox in the Hemi with the toneau on so I couldn't get in it to get the stock lights out. So while I had time, I pulled the PIAAs out. I drove the truck around and got the "lamp out" too. When I emptied the tool box and popped them back in, light went bye bye and never had a prob with them.

#5 ·
that makes sense, Taylor must have something else going on there.

#6 ·
That's why I suggest chacking to make sure they're in all the way and they'r eboth working. I don't see any reason why this would be a problem all of a sudden now if there was no report of prefious problems as some have been having with that indicator.

#11 ·
disconnect the battery then try

#12 ·
disconnect the battery then try after you hook thr battery back up

#13 ·
glenB said:
You said "Thought the lamp indicator was for park/turn/brake light?" but in an earlier post... I mentioned how I had both my headlights and fog lights pulled out and got the lamp out indicator. And neither of those two have anything to do with the three you mentioned.

#15 ·
The owners manual says the indicator light is for any exterior light. Your lucky... for the past month mine has been dinging and flashing on and off randomly. Its annoying as hell. On top of that, i got it to stay on one night so I walked around the truck and low and behold....no lights out. I gotta take it to satan and see what they say.

#16 ·
Yea indicator is for any light becuse my light indicator stays on all the time because of my HIDS i dont have any High Beams

#17 ·
Taylorsdad said:
Peeps,

One of those expensive azz Silverstar Supers blew today while I was driving. In turn, my "Lamp Out" indicator light came on. I immeadiately replaced the bulb with another Silverstar Super and the indicator light didn't go off. Even after starting and stopping the vehicle several times and turning the headlights on and off several times the indicator light is still on. I couldn't find anything in the Owner's Manual to tell me how to turn the light off. Does anyone know how to disengage this indicator light?

For some odd reason the 3G ram does not like any headlight bulb other then the stock halogen bulbs. I and my employer have had the same problem with with our HID bulbs. I even tried different brands and still get the lamp out light lamp occasionally. Usually if I shut off and turn on the lights once or twice the bulb turns on and the worning lamp turns off. I think it maybe because I am running 80/100 watt lights. I have not tried lesser wattage lights. I have gotten the lamp out warning with 3 different brands of bulbs. Look at the filament on your Silvertar bulb, I bet its not broken and is probably still good. Have you checked your headlamp to see if your bulb is still out after repalcement. The warning lamp should shut off right away if the bulb is working. The lamp out warning looks for a completed circuit and if there is not one your still gonna get the warning. Just my .02 cents. Goodluck

Sean

#18 ·
I haven't looked at the wattage on my PIAAs, but I had then in my '03 for almost a year and a half and in my new 04 since I got it and no probs.

#19 ·
Wattage

I think it has something to do with the higher wattage bulbs. Don't think it like them very much.

#20 ·
Here is a couple of things I have found working at the shop. Only lamp that will not effect "lamp out" is the tag lamps. Any extra Wireing on the park lamp circuit turns Lamp on but lights work. Not having same bulb # in tail lamps, turns Lamp on but lights work. Bad circuit Boards in tail lamp, Intermittent light failures and Lamp On inter. bings at you going down the road. System very sensitive to voltage draws. Hope I was Helpful.

#21 ·
Thanks for the input. I kinda figured it was something w/ the tail lights eventhough they both work fine. On occasion, if when I turn on the L turn signal and hit the brakes, the lamp illuminates and sounds in sequence w/ the turn signal flasher. I'm gonna go to Satan and make them fix it.... I love having a warranty. :)

#22 ·
Silverstars were the only brand I have used that dont cause the lamp indicator to come on. Nokya,PolarG, and I forgot what other brand I used caused this to happen. Hopefully it was just a bogus bulb, I imagine it should be fine as the stock bulbs are Sylvanias, the same company that makes the Silverstars.

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.