DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

in the market for one

859 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  stevep12 
#1 ·
I am possibly in the market for a 2nd gen Durango and trading in my Ram. Its at a point where its just going to be a matter of continually sinking money into it, so while it has value would like to trade it. I owned a 1st gen durango, a 2000, sold that. But is there anything i should be looking for on these 2nd gens? I love the new ones, but just cant afford that at the moment.

#2 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger on an 07 Durango, traded in my Ram. Sad to see it go, but so far I am liking the Durango. Not as big as my truck, but its good rides nice. Has some good features.

#3 ·
Nice. Front end rubber goes bad after many miles. Sway bar end link rubber and bushings go bad. It'll be a good thing to refresh. I installed some KYB's Gas-A-Just and the ride is nice now. I have the usual hemi tick and it eats about 2 quarts of oil between oil changes. I have 240k miles on mine now for a '05. I also just installed a new radiator (100 bucks) - Temps now 195-200F with A/C on.

#4 ·
Oh, I know things go bad after a while...I had a laundry list of things to repair on the truck that just meant a lot of money going into it....and it still would not have given me the room for 3 kids in the back after doing all the things wrong with it. I had many plans for the truck, but I had it for 12 years, it did good for me. I know one day I will have another Ram, but have to wait til I dont need the room inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.