DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1947 power wagon crawler build

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jwharkinz 
#1 ·
parted my 02 nissan crawler i had to partially fund my 65 build . once i got into the stages of body work (something i cant do so need to save for) decided to try and build a new crawler on a budget but we all know how budgets go haha
got this delivered from NM and started tearing it down to the frame

mocked up the 5.9 magnum on the original frame and cut the frame behind the cab for tube bed

See less See more
#2 ·
after trying to mock up the links on the original frame found it was going to be too narrow for the axles i had . went to a salvage yard and picked up a 96 ram 1500 4x4 which was nice since it was boxed all the way back to where i needed it .

the d60 in the pic above i pulled from the yard and built with 5.38's grizzly locker and 35 yukon axle shafts , then added a bridge /truss for the links and did the same for the front 60 housing

#4 ·
got the transmission cross member bent up and setup with poly bushing instead of stock trans mount

mocked up the 205 to check for clearance then pulled the body back off while i was waiting for a new rear output shaft for the black box . once the new output shaft came in got it swapped out then was able to mate the crawl box and 205 to the trans and start on the 205 mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.