DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

drivers door lock wont unlock

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Boyo336 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Has anyone run into this... I go to my truck this morning, hit the key fob a couple of times to unlock the doors. all my doors unlock except the drivers door... I tried using the key to unlock but it appears jammed.. i can force the key just enough to open the door handle but the door still doesnt unlock..I can open the door from the inside using the handle...but cant pull the lock knob up.. I tried using the lock/unlock button but only the 3 other doors will power lock and unlock.. I have 12k miles so I'll take it in. just wunderin if anyone else has seen this...

#2 ·
you haven't tried a slim jim lately have you? Or hopefullly no one else has. A month or so ago, I locked my keys in the truck and tried a slim jim, but it didn't work. I couldn't open the door from the outside, or unlock it. Inside the door, there is a rod that connects the locking mechanism to the opening mechanism and I separated them. That might be all that it is, and it is a 2 sec fix, once you get the door panel off. But if it wasn't you who tried the slim jim, I'd be careful where you park your truck. It shouldn't be anything to major though to fix.

#3 ·
..hhmmm...now you have me thinkn..Im goin outside now to see if i see any traces of slim jimmin... thanks

#4 ·
no problem. I would hope not, but check to see if the rubber is a little scratched or the glass.

#5 ·
happened to a buddy of mine he had to take it to the dealer to get it taken care of i think he had to get the lock mechanism replaced. hes on this site but doesnt surf it to often.

#6 ·
same exact thing happened to me, truck was 2 weeks old and i couldnt get in the drivers side door, had to crawl thru, dealer fixed it quickly though!!! i hope this isn't a continuing issue, havent had any problems since!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.