DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Auto Unlock - can't disable feature

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  big_perm 
#1 ·
I've searched the forum but can't find the answer. Picked up a Limited 4x4 last weekend w/build date of 1/20/04. Have attempted to disable the door auto unlock feature (opens all 4 locks when driver opens door). The procedure in the manual will not work for me (i.e. key OFF to ON 4 times, stop in ON, press door unlock, hear confirmation chime). Is anyone having luck disabling or enabling this feature? I've followed the instructions as close as possible - I occasionaaly get the "chime" but it's after 15-20 seconds or so - and the locks remain in the auto unlock mode. If anyone has been successful, can you provide a detailed procedure (expanded beyond the manual) that I can try?

Thanks in advance

RV

#2 ·
better off

My wife's Liberty is the exact opposite, when you get out it only unlocks the driver door, I have cursed the Gods of Autodom for this.

It goes something like, park, get out, drop keys in pocket, try to open rear door or tailgate to no avail, take keys back out of pocket and press unlock.

If my Durango was the same I'd pull the fuse to the power locks-it drives me nuts.

I suppose there are those who will say its a safety thing, but if the boogie man is only 4 foot away I'm sure he will get me just the same.

#3 ·
I copied the test from my service manual. Maybe the answer is the 'within 10 seconds of placement of key into the ignition".

UNLOCK SEQUENCE
The unlock sequence can be toggled using a scan tool or by using the following procedure.
1. Place the key in the ignition.
2. Within 10 seconds, cycle the key from the OFF position to the ON position four times, ending in the ON position
(Do not start the engine).
3. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch in the UNLOCK direction. A single chime will be heard to
indicate the feature has been disabled.
This will toggle between Driver door first and Unlock all doors function.
To ENABLE this feature, repeat the above procedure.

#4 ·
Wow, Durango stuff is all different from the Rams... we just turn the key to on, hold the unlock button on the keyfob for 4-10 seconds and while holding it, hold the lock button and it's done.

#5 ·
That's the one feature I haven't played with but as for disabling a feature, I'm in the same boat, as I cannot disable the seatbelt alarm, that occurs when you move faster than 5mph without your seatbelt fastened.

i have tried the sequence in the owners manual time after time and just cannot get it to turn off(I never get the chime at the end). Personally I think the sequences in the book are wrong for the seatbelt thing and it sounds like the locks too.

#7 ·
RedRango said:
Same problem, the instructions in manual did not work. I wanted to disable the auto lock at 15 mph feature. I may ask the dealer sometime.
I did manage to get it diabled,but I dunno how lol. I just kept doing the procedure in the book but never got the beep that is says you are supposed to get, so I thought it never worked, but they next day I realized it was off.

The best I can say is that you won;t get the beep, at the end, that tells you it was successfull. Just keep doing it till it works.

I wish I could tell you what I did, but I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.