DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Steering Box ???

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ugg 
#1 ·
Hello all!

I have migrated over here from the 'other' D forum as they can not figure out my membership info, so this is my 1st post here.

Anyway, I took my D into the shop yesterday & they said i have a bad "steering box" and quoted me $850 for the repair.

I new i had something wrong with the front end as when i got on the turnpike the other day at speed above 65 the truck was shaking pretty bad, almost like a bad alignment, and when i would hit the brakes the entire truck would shudder.

So, does this sound about right for a fix and cost?

Thanks!

westwind

#2 ·
westwind:

WELCOME!

Tell us about your D, year, ect. There could be several things causing your problem, including a wheel about ready to fall off. If I were you, I'd take it somewhere's else to have it checked out, cause it sounds like you don't really trust the people ya took it to.

Good Luck
Ugg:cool:

PS: Quickly.

#3 ·
My D is a 99' SLT+ 5.9 4x4..... :)

I just had a good amount of work done to it a couple months back. All new shocks, new ball joints (upper & lower) etc. I had them go through all of that and make sure all was good and tight even thought it was just done.

Yeah, the dealership i took it too i was not too fond of but had no other choice at the time.

#4 ·
Hey westwind:

Ya know, ya have a 99 D, so it's not under warranty anymore, and ya didn't mention that ya had an extended warranty, so why are ya goin to a dealership for your mechanical work? They are known rape artists. Find yourself a good independent mechanic. Ask around. Ask your neighbors, co-workers, friends, the guy on the street, and find one.

I'm lucky, I became friends with my mechanic, and he does me right. I've been dealing with him for 12 years now. I do pay for my work though. I have no problem with that, but sometimes, actually alot of times, he just sends me on my way. I have him check out my D, which is still under warranty, before I bring it to the dealership.

Good Luck
Ugg:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.