DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolestbeing's 2012 Power Wagon Build Thread

11K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  myoung84 
#1 ·
Its Finally here!!! Sorry no stock pics, it came off the truck at the dealer and right it to get the Mopar Performance 4" lift kit installed. Have a lot planned so Ill keep you all updated as stuff happens.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My first mod, just installed a stubby antenna, took about 2 mins! More to come tomorrow.

Attachments

#4 ·
Looking great! Lift looks good! What else you have planned?

#6 ·
WOW, looks nice! How's it ride,did you keep all the power wagon features? You need wheels and tires bad now!
Yes, it still has all the Power Wagon features, and because it is Mopar performance it is all covered under warranty. And I know, it needs rims and tires bad, next big chunk of money I get will go towards that. I know I want a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers, just need to decide on the right rim.

Looking great! Lift looks good! What else you have planned?
I ordered a Vararam intake( should be here beginning of April), have a bypass, lock pic, and HIDS from my last truck to put in, and I have a CB radio to install ( Any recommendations on what kind of antenna to use would be great). Also want to get an oil catch can and I really like what you did with the black bumpers and grill. And the gears are still turning with new ideas every day!

#8 ·
With some bigger tires that's going to be sweet. I'm curious to see what you do down the road.

#10 ·
So went for a drive earlier and noticed that I get really bad reception with the stubby antenna I installed... Any ideas out there? Putting back on the stock one for now :(

whatd your lift run, installed? if ya dont mind, or did you add it to the price of the truck?
The lift was $2400 and the install was $850 and I rolled it into the cost of the truck so I could finance it.

#11 ·
So went for a drive earlier and noticed that I get really bad reception with the stubby antenna I installed... Any ideas out there? Putting back on the stock one for now :(

The lift was $2400 and the install was $850 and I rolled it into the cost of the truck so I could finance it.
Awesome looking truck! And that's exactly what I want to do, I want to get the lift and tires rolled in with the truck itself!

What other sizes does Mopar have available for lift?

#12 ·
Awesome looking truck! And that's exactly what I want to do, I want to get the lift and tires rolled in with the truck itself!

What other sizes does Mopar have available for lift?
Mopar has a 2" and a 4" available and both of those with premium or bilstein shocks. I didnt even think about rolling wheels and tires in as well, forgot that parts can order anything, even if its not mopar. The only way I could afford a lift was to finance it with the truck.

qtipextra, What kind of rims/ tires were you looking at getting?

#13 ·
I will probably go with the BFG KM2's on stock rims. But I'm a long time out from getting my PW, so this may change in the end lol.

#15 ·
Great Truck !

#16 ·
Sorry posting is slow, I have more pics on the camera I havent gotten yet and I am also working on a couple mods at the same time, and they are taking a little longer then thought, but I am taking my time so they look neat and as stock like as possible. Running wires neatly and organized takes a little time. More coming soon, I promise!!

#17 ·
Great looking truck. Congrats

#18 · (Edited)
Can you post a pic of the sway bar end links?

#19 · (Edited)
Is it just the angle of the picture, or does your PW still have the front bias (lower then the rear)? I'm wondering if a coil spacer front leveling kit can be used with the 2" Mopar lift kit. Essentially that would be 4" of total lift on the front and 2" on the back, and the truck sitting about level.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread jack.

#20 ·
Is it just the angle of the picture, or does your PW still have the front bias (lower then the rear)? I'm wondering if a coil spacer front leveling kit can be used with the 2" Mopar lift kit. Essentially that would be 4" of total lift on the front and 2" on the back, and the truck sitting about level.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread jack.
I was kinda curious myself so I went and measure the height of both wheel wells and rear is 47" and front is 44" so it is sitting lower in the front still. Now I have the same question as you lol, might have to go talk to my guy at the dealer and see if he knows anything.

#21 ·
:worthy: 3rd gen guy here dreaming of a truck like that.:D That is very nice. I like the factory lift still covered under warranty deal. I would keep the stock rims. You won't find a better forged alloy with internal beadlocks made set out there(that and they are about $800.00 a pc at the dealer!). The only downfall is the 8" width and backspace/offset make it a bit tough to run a bigger tire without control arm rubbing issues. What does the lift consist of? Is it a suspension lift or body lift? Very interested! Congrats on the new ride :rck:

#22 ·
Any idea if the 2" kit is just a leveling kit, or actual lift? Do the kits include new control arms? Is there an overall part # for each kit?

#23 ·
3rd gen guy here dreaming of a truck like that. That is very nice. I like the factory lift still covered under warranty deal. I would keep the stock rims. You won't find a better forged alloy with internal beadlocks made set out there(that and they are about $800.00 a pc at the dealer!). The only downfall is the 8" width and backspace/offset make it a bit tough to run a bigger tire without control arm rubbing issues. What does the lift consist of? Is it a suspension lift or body lift? Very interested! Congrats on the new ride
Lift comes with front coils, bilstein shocks and stabilizers, four new heavy duty axle to frame link arms, track bar relocation bracket, pitman arm, closed cell foam front stops, 3" lift blocks for rear.

Any idea if the 2" kit is just a leveling kit, or actual lift? Do the kits include new control arms? Is there an overall part # for each kit?
P5155394- 2" front Leveling Kit
P5155452- 2" Rear lift
P5155497- 4" Lift Kit/ Performance Shocks ( Diesel)
P5155496- 4" Lift Kit/ Bilstein Shocks ( Diesel)
P5155499- 4" Lift Kit/ Performance Shocks ( 5.7)
P5155498- 4" Lift Kit/ Bilstein Shocks ( 5.7)

#24 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if the 2" is almost the same as what the PW's have now except it uses spacers? Because if they remove what the PW has now and install the 2", it'd probably be the same, not 2" taller than a stock PW. Or do they add spacers on top of what the stock PW has and replace the rear blocks with new blocks...

Is the 4" kit really 4" taller than a stock PW? or 4" taller than a stock 2500/3500 as the kit is designed for...

#25 ·
Looks like they put on a standard 2500 2" lift and shocks for the 4" lift because of the PW 2" lift from the factory.

#27 ·
Ill get under the truck tomorrow and take some pics of the underside front and rear to compare to a stock PW.

#28 ·
Here are some of the mods Ive gotten done so far.
Installed My aux switch panel with two relays inside and two relay under the hood.
Installed my locker bypass through a small hole in the shifter plate and up to the aux switch all wrapped in loom and tape.
Installed a Mygig lockpick, made it black and completely neatened up the wiring and wrapped it in tape and secured it all with zip ties. Secured the unit itself with velcro as seen in the picture and routed the update cable to the glovebox for easy access if an update is ever needed. Also used the accessory power and the battery power taps provided out of the lockpick on the relays and aux switches.
Then added a 4 gauge loomed ground wire from the Throttle Body to the Neg terminal on the battery.

Hopefully going to slowly get some more of these mods finished as they come in and the weather is nice.

Attachments

#29 ·
Also as promised snapped a couple quick picks of the lift and under carriage of the truck so you can see the arrangement. Some of them are a little dark because it was the time of day where the camera decided the flash was only needed on some lol.

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
Awesome! Good pics! From the looks of it, you should be able to add a coil spacer on the front to level it out if you desire. The 4" kit appears to use longer coil springs to get the extra height. But the 2" lift by Mopar is just a spacer. The 2" front spacer kit is only about $90-150. Or there are others that even offer 2.5" spacers.

It doesn't look like for me there is going to be an option that I want. I want to lift the rear 2", and the front 4-4.5". When that time comes I may go with another brand of lift that will allow me the 2" lift front/rear and that I can add a spacer in the front for the additional 2". I think the 4" kit like you have would be too much lift for me, as I do not want to run larger tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.