DodgeTalk Forum banner

Thinking about buying a used grand caravaan

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ratchet75 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a used grand caravan. I have no experience with mini vans and have owned subaru outback wagons for the last 20 years. With the subarus I would buy them with about 80,000 miles and get rid of them around 200,000. Will the caravan typically go to 200,000 if properly maintained? I am looking for a little more cargo room and the folding seats are the main attraction.

I am looking at 2010-2012 basic trim level with around 75,000-80,000 miles and a cost of no more than 12,000. They seem to be out there. What kinds of things can I expect to go wrong at 75,000- 100,000? So far I have read a bit about rear brake problems.

Any insight into this would be much appreciated

#2 ·
A flip of the coin with any vehicle but slightly more so with Chrysler minivans. They don't have a stellar reliability history though some have few problems even after a couple hundred thousand miles. Problem areas on what you're looking for are brakes, electronics and transmissions. TrueDelta may shed more light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.