DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck WOT

904 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Crabtree360 
#1 ·
I've have a Holley polished aluminum performance throttle body on my 97 1500 5.9, the throttle body is only about 6 months old. Today I was doing tune up and sprayed some cleaner in my throttle body, went to drive and it got stuck all the way in WOT, I went through all the holy sh** moments and got home to look at it. All my cables are perfect condition, with truck turned off everything moves the way it should, no sticking. Turned truck on kept it in park and tried the throttle, and it got stuck in WOT again. I feel like the cleaner messed a sensor up or something in the throttle body itself but I have no clue what please help!!! I don't feel like almost dying again haha

#2 ·
Why where you spraying cleaner in the tb? Carbon build up? Usually cleaners are highly flammable and if you spray a lot in there it may raise the rpm. Are the throttle blades fully closed? A vac leak will raise the rpm also but not to wot. Do you have any codes? Is the tb a stock unit just polished or bigger? Sound like it may be a bad tps.

#3 ·
Yeah I was just cleaning some carbon build up, and I think the throttle body units or inlets whatever you call them are bigger, but the overall size is the same. No codes. And never had a problem until I used the cleaner. I was thinking TPS too just not sure. Would that cause it to stick wide open? If you manually turn the throttle it stops about half way but if you put pressure (as if putting the pedal to the floor) then it opens up and sticks and you have to manually put it back into closed position.

#5 ·
UPDATE: took my air intake off so I could look at the throttle body while running the engine.... No sticking at all today, put intake back on and still no sticking. So I'm thrown for a loss of what was wrong but I'm afraid that it could randomly happen again so if y'all could still give your ideas of what possibly happened that'd be great so I can check over things

#7 ·
? linkage clearance? check to see if the air hat rubs the tb linkage. do you have a cold air intake on it?

#8 ·
I do have a cold air intake and that was part of the problem. The overall issue was due to the combined size of the tb and the intake. The clamp that holds the intake on the tb has a little slot cut out for (not sure correct word) the stopper part of the tb, the part with the spring to make it go back into place once you release throttle, but with the larger tb and cold air intake, the slot was no longer big enough to allow enough room for the throttle to turn. I must have been lucky when I first installed it and had it in perfect position to work. Fix the problem I just grinded down that part of th clamp to allow enough clearance, and had to reroute my intake, last things I checked considering I never had a problem before out of them. All this headache for nothing. But if anyone has the sa,e problem now they have other ideas of what to check

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.