DodgeTalk Forum banner

What ya got?

Votes: 516 38.5%

Votes: 826 61.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

What ya got under the hood?(318 or 360 cubic inches)

129K views 566 replies 395 participants last post by  Womack88 
#1 · (Edited)
Always wanted to know.Thanx.

#304 ·
Well I would rather have 3 18 year olds than 3 60 year olds! If I really had a chioce, I would chose 3 51 year olds from cleveland who are blowers!

The Rookie
I was thinking this was mildly amusing until you reference a ferd engine. :tdwn:

edit: and you'd want a Windsor block for a truck, Cleveland for a car.

#306 ·

Thank you Chizzle, I did not realize that a winsor was bulit for a truck and a Cleveland was for a car, hence the name Rookie. I always here poeple talking about how great Cleveland is. I just made the statement do to the little knowledge I know about engines. Thank you for the info.

The Rookie

#308 ·
My old Jeep had the 318. The 220 horses and 300 ft.lbs. made it a great performer. Milage was OK but dependablilty was the best. It had 112k on it and not so much as a burp out of it. I had it for six year and nothing broke on it.

#313 ·
MY FIRST RAM 98 WITH 318 .OK LITTLE MOTOR BUT SHE BLEW UP WITH JUST UNDER 80K MILE'S . MY CURRENT RAM IS A 360 . NITE AND DAY BETWEEN THEM 360 ROCK'S . 149K AND STILL STRONG KNOCK ON WOOD :rck:

Attachments

#315 · (Edited)
:thatfunny

#316 ·
moe in wichita ks
i have had flat head 6, slant6 3ea, 318s 2ea, 413. built a 360 in 1993 made a mistake and put to big of cam in it . it would pass every thing but a gas station. i may have owned others but theres something that happens when you get old, but i forget what they are

#320 ·
moe in wichita ks
yes mopar engines do cost a lot to build. thats why i try to take good care of them. over the years i have found some tricks that help keep cost down. one is on distributors, i found if i pluged the vent in the cap with j-b weld it kepts mosture out. and i just got into the habit of putting a new cap and rotor on each fall. that way iam doing the work on my schedule.

#322 ·
Damn, VERY nice truck you got there ram rider. Where'd ya get the ram air? :)

#324 ·
Cool I might have to get one sometime. Where's the best place online to get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.