DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3G ram´s long tubes OBX headers on a 4G?

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  plumcrazy73 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is selling his 3rd Gen ram 5.7´s OBX long tube headers.
Does anyone knows if this headers would fit on a 4Generation Ram 1500 4x4?...or in other words...
is it posible to put a 3rd gen truck long tube headers on a 4rt gen truck?

If they dont fit, What is needed to make them fit properly?

Thanks.

#3 · (Edited)
Nope and way too much to get them to fit, ARH and Doug Thorley are the only ones currently producing headers for the 4G rams

#4 ·
Nope and way too much to get them to fit, ARH and Doug Thorely are the only ones currently producing headers for the 4G rams
Doug thorley headers arent being produced for the 4g anymore.

#5 ·
#6 ·
A member on another forum was looking for headers, I pointed him to Doug Thorley.
His reply from them was they are indefinitely out of stock.

#7 ·
I just sent them an email for confirmation, they are a crappy install so i can definitely see why they would stop producing them. I sent an email to Hooker headers awhile back and they said they are in the works for the future, so who knows. I can see OBX to start producing a set of decent priced headers in the near future

#8 ·
It would be awesome for someone to go through all aftermarket hemi headers and could confirm what hits and what misses.

#9 ·
Previous gen headers will not match up with the heads on our trucks unless you cut off the flanges and have some new ones welded on. The new hemi's have a D shaped port and the old ones have a smaller round port.

#12 ·
okay just making sure lol I wish dodge would just make a decent factory exhaust off the heads, its a joke what they did, especially the y-pipe

#13 ·
That is true, I may have to go invest on a Magnaflow Y pipe. I am still on the fence about a true dual with X pipe.

#14 ·
Just received an email from Doug Thorley they still produce headers for the 4G rams

#15 ·
Well that's awesome news.
Wonder what this other guy is smoking....

#18 ·
Cant wait to get some LT headers for mine.

#19 ·
Me too, be sure to have a diablo so you can take full advantage of them ARH ;)

#20 ·
So what are the advantages between shorties and LT headers. Which is better for our trucks?

#21 ·
I emailed BBK about shortys for our trucks and "mike briggs" from r&d told me that all they need is a loaner truck for about a week or so and they will have them available. Anybody use any BBK headers in the past? They currently have a shorty set for the 3rd gen for $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.