Dodge Ram DIGITAL HID kits, No Flicker, No Errors - Page 5 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #81 of 308 Old 09-24-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young953 View Post
I just bought the 06-09 dodge specific 55w kit the other day, cant wait til it shows up. i've been kind of sketchy buying online just because of the fact that other online company's customer support seems to suck, but ive read good things on here about you guys so i didnt hesitate.
Yes, it does come with one specific to the truck!

E-mail: sales@retro-solutions.com
AIM or MSN: retrosolutions@ cox.net
or PM's on here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(860) 406-4443
Store Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm EST

an authorized Dodgetalk.com sponsor

Last edited by retrosolutions; 03-19-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 308 Old 09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
silverhemidan
Silverhemidan

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosolutions View Post
A harness by all means is required for the Dodge Rams. With our kits it serves several functions:
- universally controls low/high operation across various systems
- provides satiating control of the vehicle computer/operation parameters
- provides proper direct power from the battery

thanks
I was referring to the fog light kit(forgot to mention that)
is it also required and or recommended for the fog light kit?(9006 kit,I think)

Silver Truck Club Member#127

2004 2500 Hemi - Off-Road Pkg.w/4.56's
6" Lift PP Long Arms/Coils/Bilstein 5160's/ Dynatrac free spin hubs/Dynaloc hubs/spicer axle ujoints,
Carli Ball Joints/Carli deaver 4" leaf springs/Thuren Shackles/Carli Long Travel Air Bags
37x12.5x17 Cooper STT's/XD Enduros
n-fab step bars with Line-X
MagnaFlow (#14329)/Superchips
20% tinted windows Don Thuren steering stabilizer True Flow CAI
Tonneau cover/Husky liners/4-channel Amp/
Rockford sub/ Panasonic HU/kenwood speakers Hella 500's behind grill/Wheel Liners/Bushwacker Pocket style flares/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Steering Box Stabilizer/steering upgrade,Carli Trackbar/ retrofit projectors,infiniti FX35 projectors,shaved,black matte paint,6k,from Unique Coatings.

post #83 of 308 Old 09-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can vouch for excellent customer service before and after the sale with these guys. Definitely my HID connection.

2011 Ram 1500 4wd

post #84 of 308 Old 09-25-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhemidan View Post
thanks
I was referring to the fog light kit(forgot to mention that)
is it also required and or recommended for the fog light kit?(9006 kit,I think)
Oh, for the foglamps, no. A harness is generally not needed for those.

(860) 406-4443

post #85 of 308 Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 AM
mojoman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Yah, its gotta be 35w. Otherwise it would be on there somewhere that it wasn't.

So what do I need to get to add on to what I already have?

2016 2500 CC 6.4L w/ 4.10 gears SLT 4x4/Spray Bedliner/Big Horn Edition/Westin Step Bar/Front Tinted Windows/Bakflip Bed Cover/AMP Bed Step/Tailgate Assist

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

post #86 of 308 Old 09-26-2010, 11:10 PM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

some one said pics so ill add mine. The camera is crappy so im sorry for that but you get the idea.

running lights only

running and 6000k 55W heads

heads plus 55W 3000k fog lights

Head Highs

front shots

*Dark Nite*
2006 Ram 2500 CTD 4X4 QCSB Big Horn Black
Smarty Sr PoD-Pioneer P5000DVD-WeatherTech floor liners-Nerf Bars-LED tails and 3rd-Rok-Tek Grill-S&B Intake w/scoop-Isspro Performax gauges EGT, boost, trans temp, rail, fuel-Duel column mount pod-tri a-pillar pod mount-ATS intake horn-Cat delete-5in black chrome tip-roll up bed cover
*PROJECT HIATUS*
1998 Ram 1500 4X4 ECSB 360ci Magnum V8
K&N intake-PaceSetter LT header with custom 3in exhaust-Fiberglass 3in cowl hood-Open mouth grill-one peice Euro head light-LED tail lights-Bushwacker Extend-a-fender flares-Ram head gas door cover-Access roll up cover-Bully tailgate lock-5in Skyjacker lift-1in topguncustomz coil spacer-Skyjacker duel steering stabilizers-BD Diesel Steering box brace-37in ProComp Xterrain tires-16x10 ProComp rims-ProComps lug nuts-Painted interior-underdash LEDs-Reverse glow gauges
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*
2009 Victory Hammer S Blue with white rally stripes
Victory Performance exhaust-Two person seat-detachable wind shield

Science & Evolution Club Member #4
post #87 of 308 Old 09-27-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
So what do I need to get to add on to what I already have?
well you need new ballasts and bulbs to upgrade to 55w there. If anything, the wiring maybe able to be used.

(860) 406-4443

post #88 of 308 Old 09-27-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot View Post
some one said pics so ill add mine. The camera is crappy so im sorry for that but you get the idea.

running lights only

running and 6000k 55W heads

heads plus 55W 3000k fog lights

Head Highs

front shots

Thanks for posting the pics!

(860) 406-4443

post #89 of 308 Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

I brought my "charge only" cable to work with me so I won't be able to upload right now. Don't know why they make those cords.

2011 Ram 1500 4wd
post #90 of 308 Old 09-27-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister1JP View Post
I brought my "charge only" cable to work with me so I won't be able to upload right now. Don't know why they make those cords.
So its another ridiculous cord you have to buy when you lose it.... that's the best I can think of.

(860) 406-4443

post #91 of 308 Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Young953

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
got mine in and running, a slight little trouble with the harness into OEM connector, but got it handled. these things change the truck, lovin them already, and they are BRIGHT. i used to get flashed every once in a while with the stockers, but 2 min into my morning commute it started haha kinda figured i needed to adjust the beam but now im more than sure i do!

one thing i noticed was last night after installing them, turned on, everything great, but this morning when i was letting the truck warm up, the passenger side light wasnt on. i turned off the headlights for a sec and turned them back on, everything good. maybe i just didnt let them warm up enough?

Greg-

2008 1500 HEMI

Debadged. double limo on back, 20% tint all around. Smoked taillights and 3rd brakelight. McGaughy's Deluxe 3/5 Drop. Nitro Drop 2's. Air Assist with onboard compressor. 2 Hellas behind grill. Black shorty antenna. Ryno-liner. Retro-solutions 55w HIDs 6000k. Powdercoated bumpers. Viper 5901 alarm w/ Remote Start. AAC Led Foglights. XD Monsters 22x9.5. Toyo Proxes StII 305/40-22. Kenwood deck. Focal components.

post #92 of 308 Old 09-28-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
got mine in and running, a slight little trouble with the harness into OEM connector, but got it handled. these things change the truck, lovin them already, and they are BRIGHT. i used to get flashed every once in a while with the stockers, but 2 min into my morning commute it started haha kinda figured i needed to adjust the beam but now im more than sure i do!

one thing i noticed was last night after installing them, turned on, everything great, but this morning when i was letting the truck warm up, the passenger side light wasnt on. i turned off the headlights for a sec and turned them back on, everything good. maybe i just didnt let them warm up enough?
Greg, when/where you installed the ground connections did you sand the frame side down to bare metal (and use dielectric grease)?
Also, you do want to turn the lamps on after the truck is running, so there is no flickering/dim out during engine cranking if possible.

(860) 406-4443

post #93 of 308 Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Young953

i did sand the paint down to bare metal for the grounds, just didnt use dielectric grease. im thinking that is probably it, because it was perfect last night, and after turning the lights off for a min and back on they were fine, so im going to double check all the grounds after work today, just to make sure theyre contacting like they should.

and ya, i always turn my lights on after the truck is started and running, so no worries there. thanks for all the help! great product

Greg-

2008 1500 HEMI

Debadged. double limo on back, 20% tint all around. Smoked taillights and 3rd brakelight. McGaughy's Deluxe 3/5 Drop. Nitro Drop 2's. Air Assist with onboard compressor. 2 Hellas behind grill. Black shorty antenna. Ryno-liner. Retro-solutions 55w HIDs 6000k. Powdercoated bumpers. Viper 5901 alarm w/ Remote Start. AAC Led Foglights. XD Monsters 22x9.5. Toyo Proxes StII 305/40-22. Kenwood deck. Focal components.

post #94 of 308 Old 09-28-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
i did sand the paint down to bare metal for the grounds, just didnt use dielectric grease. im thinking that is probably it, because it was perfect last night, and after turning the lights off for a min and back on they were fine, so im going to double check all the grounds after work today, just to make sure theyre contacting like they should.

and ya, i always turn my lights on after the truck is started and running, so no worries there. thanks for all the help! great product
Welcome anytime. If you need any assistance just shoot us an EMAIL or give us a ring (860) 655-2501.

(860) 406-4443

post #95 of 308 Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

Sorry for the filthy truck. I'll take some light output shots one of these nights but these things are bright as hell

iPhone pics 677.JPG

iPhone pics 679.JPG

2011 Ram 1500 4wd
post #96 of 308 Old 09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Young953

Quote:
Sorry for the filthy truck. I'll take some light output shots one of these nights but these things are bright as hell

Attachment 306504

Attachment 306505
looks great. i gotta get some pics of mine soon
did you have to angle yours down at all? i couldnt even get out of my neighborhood without getting flashed haha had to adjust them down quite a bit

Greg-

2008 1500 HEMI

post #97 of 308 Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Attachment 306504

Attachment 306505
Lookin' good!

(860) 406-4443

post #98 of 308 Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

I had a set of no name brand HIDs that I replaced with this kit and only got flashed (in the bad way) a few times in 12 months, I got flashed 3 or 4 times the first night I drove with these installed so yeah I may have to adjust them a bit

2011 Ram 1500 4wd
post #99 of 308 Old 09-30-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Come join us on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Retro-...10803805597905

(860) 406-4443

Last edited by retrosolutions; 10-06-2010 at 11:24 AM.
post #100 of 308 Old 10-02-2010, 12:46 AM
mojoman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
well you need new ballasts and bulbs to upgrade to 55w there. If anything, the wiring maybe able to be used.

I just got some 6k bulb about a month ago or do they that some others.

2016 2500 CC 6.4L w/ 4.10 gears SLT 4x4/Spray Bedliner/Big Horn Edition/Westin Step Bar/Front Tinted Windows/Bakflip Bed Cover/AMP Bed Step/Tailgate Assist

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in